Dvd digital tuner

Im looking to purchase a DVD recorder, I don’t know if I want one with or without a digital tuner. I have IO tv and if I get the dvd with tuner will I be able to get those channels above 99 without using their box. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

tonyd

[QUOTE=tdonuts;2209701]Im looking to purchase a DVD recorder, I don’t know if I want one with or without a digital tuner. I have IO tv and if I get the dvd with tuner will I be able to get those channels above 99 without using their box. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

In your case, there is no advantage to buying a DVD recorder with a built-in digital tuner. That built-in digital tuner is for digital over-the-air TV broadcasts or certain digital cable services which do not require a set-top box only. Any cable or satellite tuner will bypass the DVD recorder’s built-in tuner. And due to current DRM restrictions, current DVD recorders, with or without a built-in digital tuner, can only record from external sources (such as a cable or satellite box) through the analog line inputs.