DVD Decryptor to burn DVD

vbimport

Can someone please advise on how to use DVD Decryptor to burn a DVD-9 movie to a single DVD-/+R? In the past I’ve used DVDShrink to encode and shrink the DVD-9 to a single DVD-/+R and Nero 6 to burn. But a friend of mine doesn’t own Nero6 and I’ve heard that DVD Decryptor does a decent job at burning.

Use Shrink to write an ISO file, then burn the ISO using DVD Decrypter.

Does DVD Decryptor perform as well as Nero?

Mode–>Read ISO and then Mode–>Write ISO, so simple and works fine with my Plex 716 and Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R"s DL. :slight_smile:

By default, DVD Decrypter uses a smaller buffer than Nero. The result might be a slightly higher incidence of buffer underruns, but the setting is easy to change and can be made as large as the one Nero uses. And IIRC, Decrypter and Nero use a different I/O driver by default (SPTI vs. Nero ASPI), so issues may crop up there.

How do you adjust the buffer in DVD Decrpytor to be as large as Nero?

Can someone explain what DVD Decryptor does with the .iso once output by DVD Shrink? Does it convert it to .vts and .vob files?

ISO is an image, it is like the DVD just as big file, all the directories structure and all the files are already inside. That is why you can use utilities like Daemon Tools to mount the ISO file exactly as if it were a DVD drive. You can use some ISO Buster programs to investigate the individual files.
So to write an ISO to the DVD burner is a relatively simple task, as no further authoring is needed: Just read from the ISO file, and write to the burner, sequentially, chunk by chunk, without consideration to what is already inside the ISO.

Iso read
then
ISO write.
set write speed to 2.4x
voila!!
I did 3 this weekend with success.

Tools>Settings>I/O tab
slider on the right hand side

I’m guessing you did 2.4x with DVD+R DL? Will this work with both DVD+R and DVD+R DL?

bare with me very new to this stuff. i have a .img of a dvd and use DVD Decrypter to burn it, no problem there but when i play it its starts out fine but then starts to cut to the end of the credits then cuts again to the begining through the whole movie. Any one out there to help

use daemon tools to mount the image, then you can test it on your hard drive if it plays ok there then try using better quality media.

You should burn ISO file, not IMG file, whatever that is, Use the program that created the IMG, or convert to ISO.
DVD Decrypter is, as should be, a “stupid” ISO burning program. The ISO file must conform to the DVD-Video specifications, as the burning is just read/write cycles.

BTW, your post is not related to the original post, and thus should have been posted separately.

BUT !!! it says my disc is empty, when i can extract tracks with IsoBuster

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B A100 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2.544
Free Space: 5.210.112 bytes
Free Time: 00:35:69 (MM:SS:FF)

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: MCC 01RG20

Recording Management Area Information:
MATSHITA DVD-RAM DMR-E55 F0061500 J125 07/01/04