Dvd decryptor replacement

vbimport

right now i use dvd shrink, ripit4me, and DVD Decrypter. and im getting more and more errors. it’s a pretty good combination for my dad. he’s not the biggest computer wiz. so this setup does pretty much everything for him. i was wondering what combination i could switch him over to because of the whole DVD Decrypter shut down thing.
i was thinking maybe dvdfab, but i havn’t really used it at all, so i don’t know how good it is.

any suggestions? it needs to be user friendly, and not get too many errors when trying to crack the css.

thank you for any suggestions.

[quote=Seaniscrazy;2177430]right now i use dvd shrink, ripit4me, and DVD Decrypter. and im getting more and more errors. it’s a pretty good combination for my dad. he’s not the biggest computer wiz. so this setup does pretty much everything for him. i was wondering what combination i could switch him over to because of the whole DVD Decrypter shut down thing.
i was thinking maybe dvdfab, but i havn’t really used it at all, so i don’t know how good it is.

any suggestions? it needs to be user friendly, and not get too many errors when trying to crack the css.

thank you for any suggestions.[/quote] All the programs you are using are old and unsupported. Either try DVD Fab Platnium trial and see if its for you or use the free Fab Decrypter and then use another program to Shrink it or use a D/L disc to burn it.

to elaborate on what Alan said,

dvd decrypter has not been updated in the last 3years…
the software developer was forced to end any more additions to the program…

Ripit4me had pretty much the same fate and has not been updated in almost 2 years…

Dvd shrink although it has not been updated in years actually works pretty good at compressing/shrinking as long as you have a good rip to feed it with…

they all will do a pretty good job still but many new movies in the past couple years, especially Sony have an encryption that both ripit and dvdd cannot crack…

Personally if your into quick and easy, I would buy the dvd fab platinum for a 1 click rip /compress/ burn software if you use regular dvd media.
If burning to Dual Layer then no need to compress or shrink it.
Fab Platinum updates almost weekly and if a new movie comes out that is a problem, it gets posted here and within days the software chiefs come out with a fix in the form of an updated version which takes less than a minute to d/l…

there are a million movies past that dvdd or ripit4me can do with no problem and suprisingly ripit4me can still do many movies today…depends on what type encryption is on the disk but Fab does them all then,now, and tomorrow.

The following is an option I use which kind of adds on to advice given. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Post #78 & ask any questions here.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

Try DVDFAB Platinum free for 30 days and then if you like it you can buy it, It is a truely 1 click operation no need for 3 different programs as FAB will do it all in 1 click and like what was said the author is really on top of the problems, if any arise he will fix them right away instead of waiting sometimes months before it’s fixed

@ Seaniscrazy

DVDFab is great – it’s even more simple to use than all of those other packages and offers so much more (Platinum) IF you want to do some more advanced things.

Even if it’s just the simple backup of discs this is really simple and imho, quicker than the software your currently using.

Also this message board and the people on here offer excellent advice and support as a forum and this in itself is worth the money.

Best,

Asbac

@ Seaniscrazy

you can use the following programs which are free and is the best combo to use if you are low on cash :bigsmile:
DVDFab HD Decrypter --> to rip
DVD Shrink–> to compress
ImgBurn–> to burn to disc
:wink:

Have a nice Holiday :flower: