DVD Decryptor Free v9.x/v8.x DVD Question

vbimport

OK…ad all the articles on DVDFab9US version and kind of get it.
However, not sure how this works so let me ask below.
I have last version all FREE version (trials over) v8.x installed, last version of non “USA” v9.x installed and latest v9.xUSA installed.

So, bought DIVERGENT DVD for my kids and first thing I always do is backup the DVDs to the kids can use the backup…since they beat to death and destroy over time DVDs (teenagers). Anyway, I went into my v9.xUS and loaded DVD and it gave me message it could not be accessed unless I BUY or Register or wait until next DVDFab release. I checked for updates in this US version and new version was available so I installed…figuring it would then allow decode…same message. I then as trial went into my old v8.x and guess what it worked.
So, my assumption is the new DVDs are not being addressed until some delay…but if this is true then how can an old v8.x work ?
Also, is there some difference in BUY vs. Register ?..it almost sound like you can/need to register a FREE version to work but never have and don’t see how.

Anyway, this is all very confusing and becoming complex to use.

Any clarification appreciated.

You will find that older versions will do 99% of the DVD’s you will run across.
The (Free versions ) are about 60 to 90 days behind the paid versions

The updates for new decryption are available first in the paid version. If your trial is expired, you are in HD Decrypter mode. They are placed into the free (HD Decrypter) version not in the [B]next[/B] release but in a [B]future[/B] release. This can be up to a period of months in some cases, the theory being that those that support the continued development by purchasing the product should enjoy the benefits immediately. I can’t explain why v8 worked, it has not been updated in quite some time and is not likely to be, but glad it worked for you on this disc.

There used to a sticky here somewhere that explained this policy but I couldn’t find it. I will see that it is replaced. Until that happens, you can read it [B]here.[/B]

@ signals , I’ve only had the last v 8 fail on one movie so far . That was the paid version of DVD Copy . The new PassKey took care of that one. It surprises me that v 8 still works this well but so far it does.
The time delay for HD Decrypter has been explained many times.
I have that on one computer so I can test with it.

cholla

I still do 99% of my back ups using version 5.3.2.0, it gets even some that v8 did not.

@ bean55 , I’ve seen you post the version 5.3.2.0 & some other members have posted that as well.
I need to look I may still have the installer for that version somewhere .
So far I haven’t needed to find it but I might sometime.

Morning all

v5230 was one of the “golden” versions, it really worked well. Same for the last v8. Both were very stable and had a happy combination of PathPlayer tweaks to open lots of discs. There will be some that they can’t deal with, as cholla found.

Yes Golden version sums them up real good, and yes there are always some that needs the newer versions.

signals v5.3.2.0

@ signals , Any chance DVDFab will make all the old versions available on their site for download ?

I have discussed it with them in the past and do not think it is likely to happen for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the support nightmare it would create not so much for long-term users but for those new to the product.

@bean55
You caught my typo, I meant 5320. It is the fingers ahead of brain thing. Sadly, there is no cure. :slight_smile:

I know No Cure At All :bigsmile: for any of us

[QUOTE=bean55;2736718]You will find that older versions will do 99% of the DVD’s you will run across.
The (Free versions ) are about 60 to 90 days behind the paid versions[/QUOTE]

I get that the new free versions are not up to date with the latest paid versions but why would the new free version not have what was in a very old V8 ? It almost has the appearance DVD Decryptor folks are purposely dumbing down the free versions artificially to force to paid version.

My only problem with the paid version is that this software is WAY, WAY too expensive for what it does…plus they chop it up so much that as a buyer I have no confidence the premium $$$ I pay now would carry forward in the future. The pricing and marketing of this is way off IHMO.

In my humble opinion, to use old versions is to go backwards, yeah there were versions that did certain discs and still are viable today but no old version , none of them are as good and can do more discs than the newest and most up to date version of DVD Fab V9.
I have been around here for quite awhile, maybe not as alan1476 but I have been here since the beginning of all of these programs, there is no program made by anyone that is better than the newest version of this software. I admit, in a rare occurance you may be able to decrypt a disc with an old version, but that same decryption will be available on new updates , so to screw up your file system and install old versions with old drivers and you might as well reformat every time you want to do a disc that you cant wait a day or so for an update for. In my humble opinion again, going backwards takes you no place but back to a day that the technology was not available that we have today. But do as you please, this is just my way, not the only way.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2737002]In my humble opinion, to use old versions is to go backwards, yeah there were versions that did certain discs and still are viable today but no old version , none of them are as good and can do more discs than the newest and most up to date version of DVD Fab V9.
I have been around here for quite awhile, maybe not as alan1476 but I have been here since the beginning of all of these programs, there is no program made by anyone that is better than the newest version of this software. I admit, in a rare occurance you may be able to decrypt a disc with an old version, but that same decryption will be available on new updates , so to screw up your file system and install old versions with old drivers and you might as well reformat every time you want to do a disc that you cant wait a day or so for an update for. In my humble opinion again, going backwards takes you no place but back to a day that the technology was not available that we have today. But do as you please, this is just my way, not the only way.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thx for your insights…but as FYI I’ve not “installed” V8…it has been on my machine already. When V9 came out and went into separate install directory I left V8 installed…mostly because I did not like V9’s first UI. Now with V9 USA also installing to new directory I left V9 & V8…glad I did. Obviously, I’d like to clean all things up to just latest/greatest but appears the old versions actually decrypt more titles…seems others have posted this a lot…which begs the question, why ?

Anyway, I’ll do a test and see how long the update versions of V9 USA Free takes to decrypt Divergent to see…will be a good test.

Posted by thekochs

latest/greatest but appears the old versions actually decrypt more
titles…

Only Bluray. If you use the USA version it only affect Bluray. That's it. ;)