DVD Decrypter

Hey folks.

Sorry for what will probably be a newb question, but that’s why i posted it in this section haha

I have been backing up my DVD for a while now. Do it everytime i get a new movie… Most work, but on my newer movies I seem to get an error that startin to bug me. I always thought it was just a different kind of protection that maybe the decrypter isn’t new enough to pick up, but im really not sure. Im not a genius when it comes to computers, so i figured i would ask you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

On this particular movie (The Break-Up) It works until 2% and then stops with an I/O error

this is what it reads

Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 01 41 D0 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 82384

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 0A 10 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unknown (CRC or ECC error) (0x10, 0x90)

wow that sucked to write out lol

Anyways again most of my movies have worked with the default decrypter set up. I decrypt to a folder then use Clone DVD to copy. Never had a problem until recently. My movies that won’t work now are Underworld 2, The Break-Up, and Click. Im sure there are a few more but that’s what i remember off hand.

I tried reading up on this error so i wouldn’t bug people, but most reading directs me here. Thx for your time in advance and im sorry if i put this in the wrong the place.

take care
sean

You could download RipIt4Me and that should give you the new front end that handles the new protections:

http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

Just download the INSTALLER version, and run the install and it should take care of everything for ya. Then just start the program via the icon it puts on the desktop and follow the wizard.

TYVM!

i will try that forsure and let you know if it worked :slight_smile:

Well i’ve been trying to burn these for over a week now and it seems to be working. It passed the 2% mark and is now at 50%

Thank you so very much for the help! That’s awsome!

much repsect
peace

No problem - glad to help. You know, that whole “pay it forward” thing.

Enjoy, and best of luck.

lol will do, although if i pay my knowledge forward, you’ll have another person like me posted questions on here cause I messed him up lol jk :wink:

Hey, we all learn a step at a time. Now you can share the greatness that IS the RipIt4Me front-end, and just keep on learning as you go along.

I really am glad that someone wrote that program. Makes DVD Decrypter totally usable even on the most modern disks.

Happy rippin!

Hey… just downloaded it but I keep on getting a error every time I try using it… the progam itself will load up great… even get everything set up… but as soon as I hit run… it crashes

Any Suddgesttions???

From the RipIt4Me FAQ :

[I]On occasions, RipIt4Me might crash. In this case, a debugging log is created called DebugLog.txt, which is contained in the “Application Data\RipIt4Me” folder.

If you experience a crash, please re-open RipIt4Me. It will ask you to post the debug log and take you to the RipIt4Me Bug Reports forum where you can do so. Please post the debugging log as an attachment.

For more information on how to find and attach the debug log, see here.

Please also try the procedure outlined in this FAQ.[/I]

ya it seems it was just the Wizard that was crashing… the 1 click worked fine :slight_smile:

thanks for the tip

Cheers

Glad it worked! You may want to contact the author of RipIt4Me and let him know about the crash bug. Perhaps he can fix it. :slight_smile:

I use PgcEdit which works with DVD Decryptor.

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/index.html

PgcEdit is a DVD IFO and Menu editor designed to allow the modification of the navigation commands and parameters of an already authored DVD structure.
Since v0.6.0, PgcEdit is also the first program able to burn a Double Layer DVD-Video on DL DVD+R or DL DVD-R, with an interactive interface (including a preview), to select the position of the layer break.

PgcEdit is free and open source (GPL license).