DVD Decrypter v Imgburn

When I try and burn and verify an image with Imgburn (and nero 7) when I try to verify I get errors. However when I use the older version of Imgburn, DVD Decrypter, I can burn and verify fine!! It seems for me and my drive (BENQ DW1620) that Decypter is more consistant. Anybody experianced similar?

ImgBurn does’mt make the best cloned DVD’s if your cloning them. I use DVDFab and create a clone ISO. Then i use UltraISO and extract the files from the DVDfab ISO and keep the files and trash the ISO. Now i take ImgBurn
in build mode and load the files into Imgburn. Now it will make a ImgBurn ISO with a mds file ( This file holds the layer break info.) Now i load the mds file into ImgBurn and burn away. I do it this way because DVDfab rips the DVD to almost as good as the original but IMO does’nt write it as well as ImgBurn. P.S. Don’t load a DVDfab ISO into ImgBurn unless you convert it as i said above or else your DL layer break will be messed up amoung other things. DvdFab is great but i strive for clone only and the best possible way to do it besides owning the real DVD.

Presuming that everything like burn speed , read speed , media etc was exactly the same there shouldn’t be any difference. I guess it’s possible that the “read” setting on both are different so that DVD Decrypter makes more tries & is eventually successful while ImgBurn fails.
If either verification fails I’d be very concerned about the burn I’ve just done.

The burn quality is largely done to the burner/firmware/media & speed. The actual application has very little to do with it.

Just thought Id post that iv solved the problem

1/ Im using really bad discs anyway but…
2/ My hard drive was so full that it couldn’t be defragmented properly

I freed up some space and effectivly defraged which has resulted in a huge increase in sucssesfull verifications.

Simple… :iagree:

ImgBurn compares what’s read from the drive Vs what the image file contains.
DVD Decrypter simply checked the sectors were readable.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;1904823]ImgBurn compares what’s read from the drive Vs what the image file contains.
DVD Decrypter simply checked the sectors were readable.[/QUOTE]

thx lightning :wink: