DVD Decrypter Rips

I have several backups of DVDs which I created with DVD Decrypter.

Many of them I used the video stream copy where I end up with the move and a “VTS_02 - Stream Information.txt” file:

12/21/2006  01:39 PM    <DIR>          .
12/21/2006  01:39 PM    <DIR>          ..
12/21/2006  01:39 PM               468 VTS_02 - Stream Information.txt
12/21/2006  01:34 PM            36,864 VTS_02_0.IFO
12/21/2006  01:38 PM     1,073,698,816 VTS_02_1.VOB
12/21/2006  01:39 PM       540,321,792 VTS_02_2.VOB

With others I used the full disk rip and there appear to be the same collection of files (e.g. .BUP, .IFO, .VOB)

When I point DVDFab at the VIDEO_TS directory with one of these movies in it and click OK I immediately get the “Feedback” pop-up with “Failed to get DVD information.”

Is there any way to get DVDFab to recognize these backups?

I don’t much about DVDFab

But I suggest creating a directory use the name of the movie with a sub directory VIDEO_TS

Copy all the vob files into that VIDEO_TS subdirectory ( not the ifo file and not the stream.txt file) and run them through IfoEdit, (free software)using “Create New Ifos”. Close IfoEdit, then reopen it and use “get VTS Sectors”.

Now point DVDFab to the movie name directory you created and not the VIDEO_TS.
and see if that works. I didn’t say move them because I wanted you to be sure that works before deleting them or screwing them up.

Maybe someone will have more info or a better way.

Joey

As Joe suggested, copy the files first just in case. I would try the following: with the files in a VIDEO_TS folder: delete the stream information.txt file; copy the VTS_02_0.IFO file and rename it VTS_02_0.BUP; open DVDFab and use the Source folder icon and open the VIDEO_TS folder where the files are located. There should be no other files in the VIDEO_TS folder except the IFO, BUP and VOB files. The method Joe suggested should also work but is more of a PITA and may not be necessary. I always try the easy way first.:slight_smile: