DVD Decrypter question

vbimport

DVD Decrypter question

I have used DVD Decrypter to import some TV programs as a single large VOB into several editing programs. I wanted to edit commercials from DVD-R and DVD-RAM that I recorded with a stand alone recorder.

I imported in ISO mode with file splitting set to none. However a couple editing programs will not properly play these files even after I renamed them to MPG.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 and VideoReDo TVSuite only play parts of the video.
Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD plays them OK.

Is there a setting in DVD Decrypter that needs to be changed?

No need to use Decryptor at all for recorded discs, just copy the files off to your HDD, or import the disc directly into your software. RAM discs will only import correctly if you take all 3 files, unchanged, off the disc. TMPGEnc does correctly support RAM/VR recordings if the files are intact. Once you re-name a VRO file to MPEG, you lose all the multi-session info from the other files, and will only be able to access the first session.

Sometimes I copied all 3 DVD-RAM files to my hard drive & sometimes not. I thought I read somewhere that the VRO file was a MPG file, so I stopped importing the other 2 files. I’ll have to go back and make sure I have all the RAM files on my hard drive.

Thanks for the information,
Mike

[QUOTE=Mike109;2089048]Sometimes I copied all 3 DVD-RAM files to my hard drive & sometimes not. I thought I read somewhere that the VRO file was a MPG file, so I stopped importing the other 2 files. I’ll have to go back and make sure I have all the RAM files on my hard drive.

Thanks for the information,
Mike[/QUOTE]

The VRO file is more or less MPEG, but the other files contain the session and navigation info. TMPGEnc will import the entire disc or files, then offer you a list of the sessions to import.