DVD Decrypter Problems

vbimport

I am trying to make a backup copy of a DVD that I own with DVD Decrypter, but everytime I try it I get the error below. Can someone please help? I don’t know really anything about these programs as I am new to DVD burning.
Thank you!

I 12:31:40 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
I 12:31:40 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 12:31:40 Initialising SPTI…
I 12:31:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 12:31:40 Found 1 DVD±RW!
I 12:33:18 Operation Started!
I 12:33:18 Source File: C:\TIM_BURTONS_CORPSE_BRIDE.ISO
I 12:33:18 Source File Sectors: 2,285,863 (MODE1/2048)
I 12:33:18 Source File Size: 4,681,447,424 bytes
I 12:33:18 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink
I 12:33:18 Destination Device: [0:1:0] SONY DVD RW DW-Q58A UFS2 (E:) (ATA)
I 12:33:18 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)
I 12:33:18 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
I 12:33:18 Write Mode: DVD
I 12:33:18 Write Type: SAO
I 12:33:18 Write Speed: 4x
I 12:33:18 Link Size: Auto
I 12:33:18 Test Mode: No
I 12:33:18 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 12:33:19 Filling Buffer…
I 12:33:21 Writing LeadIn…
W 12:33:21 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Invalid Field in Parameter List
W 12:33:21 Retrying (1 of 20)…
W 12:33:21 Retry Failed - Invalid Field in Parameter List
W 12:33:21 Retrying (2 of 20)…
W 12:33:21 Retry Failed - Invalid Field in Parameter List
W 12:33:21 Retrying (3 of 20)…

W 12:33:24 Retry Failed - Invalid Field in Parameter List
W 12:33:24 Retrying (20 of 20)…
W 12:33:24 Retry Failed! - Invalid Field in Parameter List
E 12:33:27 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Invalid Field in Parameter List
I 12:33:27 Synchronising Cache…
E 12:33:27 Failed to Write Image!
E 12:33:27 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:09
I 12:33:27 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

Could be the original is too scratched up to read. Or could be the copy protection can’t be broken with DVD Decrypter. I’m sure someone else more knowledgable will be along to help.

Thank you for your reply. I used DVD Shrink to copy the movie onto my computer as an ISO file (I only have one drive on my laptop so I can’t directly burn it). I can’t get the ISO file to burn onto my DVD. Would this be a copywright problem, if I was able to copy it to my computer?

I’m just going to take a stab at this - could be a media problem, I’m sure I’ve read about CMC MAG AM3 not being supported very well in some burners.

Especially since I believe yours is an 8x burner, and the disc is 16x…

Just a guess, so don’t take this as gospel…have you tried a firmware update?

:slight_smile:

I agree, that is very liklly the problem. Some of these 16x medias are pretty new and don’t have the best firmware support, especially in an 8x drive that may have limited if any support for 16x medias.
Update your firmware and see if that helps. If not, try some decent 8x media and maybe you will be able to use the 16x media later when there is more firmware support for it.

Get AnyDVD and run it in the background to overcome the protection on the DVD

Or DVD Fab Express. I agree though that CMC Mag DVD-R media isn’t the best to use. NECs usually get along pretty well with them but alot of burners don’t.

Like I originally said…I don’t know very much about computers. Where might I get this updated firmware?
Thank you!

For AnyDVD either click the link above or here >>> http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Can’t really see it being the encryption as it ripped it to the HD … Have to lean to being with the media as the fault as mentioned in the previous posts …
Could also try Dvd fab decryptor its free http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm ,
and burn using shrink if nero is available as it will creat a ts file , or you could select " create a iso file and burn with dvd decryptor " in Dvd Shrink but this a added time and process

It looks like this drive is a rebadged liteon (liteons tend to prefer +r media, that could be part of it). Codeguys have firmware listed on their site (UYS2 and UYS3). Your drive has UFS2 right now. I’m not sure of the version history for the this drive (couldn’t find it on sony’s site). Normally you would go to the manufactures site to get the latest firmware. I would try looking around the liteon forum to see what firmwares are avalable for this dirve and which is best. You can also get instructions on flashing it there. Here is the codeguys firmware site
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html
In case you didn’t know, your drive is a SONY DVD RW DW-Q58A.

Almost forgot (maybe thats why I couldn’t find updates on sony’s site). With laptops, often you can get firmware updates from the laptop manufacture. You don’t tell what your laptop is though. I kind of got the idea looking around that there might be something newer than USY3 but I’m not totally sure so check the website for whoever manufactured your laptop and look for fimware updates that might be newer (usally under support or downloads).

Could you please explain why this program should solve the burning problem?

[B]@tarcus[/B], just try some other media, preferably DVD+R’s.

Gentlemens, no need for guesses, please [B]read[/B] the log posted next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

• Drive was known: “Destination Device: [0:1:0] [B]SONY DVD RW DW-Q58A[/B]”
  • What to be burned was known: “Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink”
  • Size was known: “Source File Sectors: 2,285,863” (will fit perfectly on a DVD+R)

Have to agree with [I]cynthia_old[/I]… :confused:

The burner does seem to recognise the media, as it picks up the 2x,4x,6x,8x burn speeds then a burn at 8x would be far better than a 4x burn & possibly overcome the media issue.
The error produced could be caused by a corrupt ISO image potentially caused by a protection mechanism which ANyDVD might overcome. Just a theory.

yo everyone who is posting about damaged discs and copy protection:

PLEASE read the original post. the files are already ripped from the dvd. the problem is burning from the ISO. no copy protection, no damaged original.

(quick edit: does anyone have an anydvd info window of corpse bride? i don’t think there was anything especially fishy on that disc that dvd shrink wouldn’t be able to handle, was there?

TimC: if he had rpped with dvd decrypter, I’d be more inclined to agree that it could be a protection, but Shrink normally errors out. decrypter is more likely to “hard rip” through something and damage the file…

i agree with the posters that recommended you make sure you have the most up to date firmware for your drive (you can check this in the support or downloades section of the manufacturer’s website). if you cannot burn this media even with the most up to date firmware, I recommend purchasing better media more suited to the speed of your drive. taiyo tuden from www.rima.com is very good or if you’re looking in-store, the mose widely available quality media is verbatim discs. for more media recommendations check the blank media subforum on cdfreaks.

He could always try to back up something else onto that media. That would answer if it is a corupt iso file or not. Reading on afterdawn, several people seemed to have backed it up with shrink so I’m guessing no special copy protections though.

Good suggestion. :slight_smile:

Edit: deleted, thinking of a different drive

Info from [B]the codeguys site[/B]:

[B]SOSW-813S (?) (8x+R, 8x+RW, 4x+R9, 8x-R, 6x-RW, 4x-R9)[/B]
Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-813S
[B]SONY DVD RW DW-Q58A[/B]

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have a few questions about this DVD+R and DVD-R issue. When I look at the drive in the my computer file it says “DVD-RW”. I thought this meant that I had to use - discs not + discs.
Can someone please explain to me how I figure out what to use if the following is wrong:
Someone asked about my computer model. Well…it is a Sony Vaio. The bottom of the computer says Model PCG-7G2L (but I can’t find this on the Sony Site) and a file on my computer says Model VGN-FS480.
This is what the Sony Site says:
Optical Drive:
DVD+R Double Layer / DVD±RW
Drive
DVD+R DL Write (2.4x MAX);
DVD-R Write (8x MAX); DVD-RW Write (4x MAX)
DVD+R Write (8x MAX); DVD+RW Write (4x
MAX)
CD-R Write (24x MAX); CD-RW Write (10x MAX)
DVD Read (8x MAX); CD Read (24x MAX)

So why did someone say that DVD+R would be better? I understand the part about the 16x being a problem probably, but I don’t understand the + and - difference.

Thank you again in advance for everyone’s help. :smiley: