DVD Decrypter Problem

Please Help!
I have a DVD that I want to convert into an .avi, and I decrypted the DVD using the decrypter that comes with the computer, and I created 5 mpeg (vob) clips: VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, … VTS_01_5. All of them can be played using PowerDVD and I assume can be converted to .avi except for the first one: VTS_01_1. I’ve decrypted the DVD many times and still only that one can’t be worked with. Does this make sense to anyone? Because it sure doesn’t make sense to me.

Thanks in advance

What program are you using to “work with” the vobs? Load the problem vob with Gspot, http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ and see what it gives you.

try & google DVD-avi converter . it will do it all 4 you easily or try Winavi 8

I’ve tried opening that .vob with several programs. Mainly Virtualdub which ive used before. That Gspot program opened it and rendered a video, but how does that help me?

I decrypted the DVD using the decrypter that comes with the computer

This statement makes no sense to me. Are you actually using the program called DVDDecrypter? It is outdated as a decryption program and doesn’t always remove all the structural protection schemes that have been introduced since development stopped on the program.

Try decrypting and ripping the dvd to the hard drive with DVDFab HD Decrypter. It is free to use and will continue to function even after the trial for the main section of DVDFab expires.

Convert to avi using AutoGK, or FairUse Wizard, or Xvid4PSP.

I am a newbie to the forum but I did notice this thread because I have no problems whatsoever with DVD Encryption. I use AnyDVD programs including DVDClone along with DVDIdle Pro. Once you buy AnyDVD, you get updates for life. I’m still in my 90 day trial for DVDIdle Pro and will probably buy it when the trial is over. There is a less complex version called DVDIdle that is cheaper and works just as well.

AnyDVD is from Europe and there is a matter of a slight charge (~$5) for conversion by my credit card.