DVD Decrypter problem

Ok something weird is going on my computer is needed to burn 76 copies of home movie fro all the realtives. I burned about 29 copies and now its starting to give the warning message durning the burn process forcing me to stop and start over. Sometimes it tells me to check the condition and other says error. Any way I checked the DMA settings and they are fine. any help? BTW the error messages don’t always happen but it does everyother one sometimes.

None of this ever happened.

Could it be I need to shoot some air into the drive ?

Anyhelp please. Thanks!

MasterTickles

Did you burn all 27 copies in a row? Maybe some drive overheating problem?
I don’t know if it can be the case, because I think that I’ve burnt max 4 or 5 DVDs one after the other, not more…

What happens if you wait 10/15 minutes after getting the error, and then start again?

ET

i would say your burner or cpu is overheating.

ok let me try that thanks!

whoowhoo it worked! I’m also keeping a fan on it to help keep cool air around the tower! Thanks again you guys/gals are heaven sent!

Crap Crap Crap its still doing it! I have a fan on it and it still keeps crashing or error stopping. anyother ideas?

What are the exact error messages?

I’m tring to write again but its working so far. I checked the fan in the back of the PC and its working should I try removing the tower cover for better cooling maybe?

I’ll post the error message as soon as it happens again!

Generally this reduces the cooling airflow over the parts that need. However, anything is worth a try.

Your paging and cache files (or the programs) may be filling up. After burning a couple and re booting that little led flashes so much. It’s clearing it’s files. Give that a try.

ps see above. Removing cover is not good. Was put there for a reason :iagree:

ps get a temp / voltage monitor program to see :iagree:

Welcome to the wonderfull world of windows :slight_smile:

Ok here is what it says exacualy!

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L 0614 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 32 - 63

Sense Area: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Write Error

I’m really desperate I promised I would have these Family DVDs shipped before the reunion on May 10. I will remove the cover next I have a 2 foot high fan that I will blast on HI that way all the parts get alot of cool air. Anyidea what also to try let me know. I’ll look into the program for cooling monitoring. Thanks

BTW this last error happened right after I clicked on the green start arrow. I closed the Error message and it didn’t even have to finalize the DVD.

Are you getting the error during every copy, or only after you have copied several in a row? It may just be needing a bit more time inbetween copies to cool down.
A friend of mine funneled his airconditioner air straight into his pc to keep it cool. He was a big time gamer though.

No its hit and miss! but why would this start now why wasn’t this happening when I was first starting and on #15 or #20 This morning I booted up and started again I did 4 then I got an error again. Could my fan spin slower? has that ever happened before?

If it is a write error it might be that your drive doesn’t really like the media you are using. What kind of burner is it and what media are you using as identified by dvd identifier?
Also, check your memory when doing it. With windows xp, hit ctrl, alt del, and click the performance tab. You can leave this window open during a burn. See how much physical memory you have avalable both before a burn and during a burn.

It could be the media, heating problem, or the cache.
Also try Tools->Drive->Synchronize Cache. DVD Decryptor should automatically do this but try it manually after every copy.

How many time do you wait between each burning? If your burner overheat it can give these errors.

Maybe your burner can be already damaged because you already overheated it previously, when you obtained the error for the first time.