DVD Decrypter Problem

vbimport

First, I got my movie (Jay and Silent Bob) and used DVD shrink to analyze it and save it to my hard drive as an ISO. After that I tried burning it onto a DVD+R using DVD Decrypter in Write-ISO mode. When it was done i tried it on my PS2, didnt work. Tried it on xbox, didnt work, also tried it on a Sont DVD player and it didnt work. It would only play on my computer. So then I start thinking, I used Clone DVD to burn the existing ISO file and it worked on anything that plays DVDs. What I am asking is what was going wrong with DVD Decrypter?

Could be bad media. Also reduce the burn speed to 4X. Set the booktype to DVD-ROM if possible.

Exxactly… I use my PS2 as a dvd player often and it won’t play my DVDD burned movies unless I change the booktype to DVD-rom. DVDD will do this for you.

(Burn speed and media wasn’t the issue for me, btw. But try it if changing the booktype doesn’t work.)

Sorry, didn’t notice the private message … shoulda just put it in the newsgroup. They don’t email me these like they do the replies to the thread, don’t know why.

There’s two ways.

In Iso-write mode, there is a little icon of an open book in the lower right corner (under “settings”). Click it, you’ll see “Change Book Type”. Select your drive, select your media type, and pick DVD-Rom from the drop down box. It should say “success” if you did it right.

Also, from the menu bar, you can pick “tools/drive/change book-type”.

Blue Skies!

What brand and model of drive did you burn the DVD+R with? Reason I’m asking is that not all DVD burners can be used for bitsetting.

Regards

TZ