Dvd decrypter only, for copying DVDs

I tried using dvdxcopy xpress and cant get it to work properly, even with 321 tech support. So I am looking for alternatives.

I am unsure of the process. What packages do what? Am i right by saying you have to decrypt, transcode, compress, burn?

Is it possible to use DVD Decrypter to decode and burn, if i dont mind the movie being on 2 disks?

I am going to try decrypter with shrink to see how that works out, but this stuff is so confusing. Just when you think you have it figured out someone says something else. I dont really want to install 5 programs when they will not work.

Thanks in advance

Try reading the tutorials. Futureproof has an excellent one on dvd shrink.
:slight_smile:

yeah , that look great. But what about just using dvd decrypter for movies I dont want to compress.

Decrypter is a ripper - no compression
DVD Shrink is a ripper and transcoder - it does not have to compress
SmartRipper, similarly
CloneDVD will also backup an entire DVD

I don’t see the problem

so then, you have to use shrink to begin then use decrypter to burn?

Originally posted by lingus
so then, you have to use shrink to begin then use decrypter to burn?
Decrypter burns the ISO it can make
Originally posted by nmpaulcp
Try reading the tutorials

I am trying to understand this. Use decrypter to rip to iso then use it also to burn. What about using shrink , then burn with what? I do not have nero. Does it matter? Why cant you take the files ripped and transcoded with shrink and burn them using decrypter so I dont have to buy nero?

A side question i just thought of when and why do you use iso and file mode in decrypter?

I really appreciate all the info

I am trying to understand this. Use decrypter to rip to iso then use it also to burn. What about using shrink , then burn with what?

CloneDVD ?

DVD Shrink is a ripper and transcoder - it does not have to compress

transcoding IS compressing. :wink:

Originally posted by AZImmortal
transcoding IS compressing. :wink:
Um, yeah, I know that :confused:

it just seemed like u were saying transcoding and compressing are different things from that quote, but i’m guessing now that u meant that u don’t need to transcode the output (ie: DVD Shrink is a ripper and transcoder - it does not have to transcode)?

[B]I tried using dvdxcopy xpress and cant get it to work properly, even with 321 tech support. So I am looking for alternatives.

I am unsure of the process. What packages do what? Am i right by saying you have to decrypt, transcode, compress, burn?

Is it possible to use DVD Decrypter to decode and burn, if i dont mind the movie being on 2 disks?

I am going to try decrypter with shrink to see how that works out, but this stuff is so confusing. Just when you think you have it figured out someone says something else. I dont really want to install 5 programs when they will not work.

Thanks in advance [/B]

Try this:
Get dvd-decrypter, ifoedit.

use decrypt to rip the movie
use ifoedit to split it
use ifoedit to create images
decrypt to burn the images

(sounds simple, but it ain’t)
Also check this out…

let us know if it worx 4 u

dvdmanDAVE

Fight disease! Join the GRID!

Originally posted by AZImmortal
it just seemed like u were saying transcoding and compressing are different things from that quote, but i’m guessing now that u meant that u don’t need to transcode the output (ie: DVD Shrink is a ripper and transcoder - it does not have to transcode)?

Not to beat it to death…

DVDShrink is an almost all-in-one proggie.
It lacks the capability to burn to dvd.
IOW it will do nearly everything that you need done
to back up a single DVD, it just can’t burn the outputted
files, you’ll need a separate program for that…

dvdmanDAVE

Fight disease! Join the GRID!

Read the tute’s by Future Proof on DVD shrink, I did and am now a data king…he he (Much Kudos to you Future). All i use is Shrink, Dvd Decrypterand Copies Anything (a Copy to Dvd ripoff) and ive had no troubles with movies or Ps2 games.

do you have a mod chip installed in your ps2? Do you need one?

Yes i have a chip, mine disables the dvd player ability on the ps2 so no movies but the newer ones dont.

Oh and yes, you do need one…

I use DVD Shrink. Thanks FutureProof for your excellent tutorials.

info: I am french and I search for an English or US friend to help me to speak english by MSN Messenger. To correct my grammar, or other. In fact, it is to require council for certain sentences. I hope you understand me lol. Send me a pm. Thanks.