DVD Decrypter Mishap

this might just be a stupid question but i’m not sure. i’ve been using dvd decrypter for awhile now with no problems. all of a sudden now i tried to backup a movie but it’s not working in any dvd player i have only my computer. i’ve never changed a setting so i’m not sure what i did. here is what dvd decrypter has for info on the disc

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N 0609 (Fibre)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 2,288,720
Size: 4,687,298,560 bytes
Time: 508:38:20 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,485,327
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

can anyone tell if there is something wrong here?

The DVD Decrypter Log would be more useful for trouble shooting.

oh, i’m sorry but i had already closed out of DVD Decrypter so i don’t have the log. What Book Type should the DVD’s be in anyways? This did it in DVD-ROM but the disc is a DVD+R. I think it normally makes it just DVD+R.

oh, i’m sorry but i had already closed out of DVD Decrypter so i don’t have the log. What Book Type should the DVD’s be in anyways? This did it in DVD-ROM but the disc is a DVD+R. I think it normally makes it just DVD+R.

You will need to try the burn again.Then Open View in DVD Decrypter & select Log.
DVD-ROM is what you want the book type set as in most instances.

alright, well i was able to get it to burn and play on my dvd player. maybe there was something wrong with the format or something. but i ripped the files from the disc that i burt and didn’t work. than used DVD Shrink to format it back into an ISO file, then burnt it and it worked. some how it self corrected itself. thanks for everything though.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but if you ever run into problems because the programs you are using are not being updated, there are other options out there, some in my signature, especially ImgBurn which is Dvd Decrypters burn engine updated, by the same author.

i’ve looked into other software but i’ve been using DVD Shrink and Decrypter for years now and that was the only problem i’ve ever had. thanks though, maybe i’ll need to update soon.

No worries, good luck & don’t be a stranger.