DVD Decrypter I/O Error: help!

Hi… I’m new to this forum so if im not supposed to post a new one or waht not I’m really sorry. Ive been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter together for about a year now and have great success burning over 75 DVDs. I recently bought a new 50 pack of Nexxtech DVD+R and am having trouble burning DVDs. I get this message:

DVD Decrypter

I/O Error!

Device [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4080N 0C35 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0 x 02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 20 09 00 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) – Sectors: 2099456 – 2099487

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 10 3C 30 00 0E 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: No Seek Complete

I know its not some encryption b/c im burning my friends burnt DVDs. Even though the media isnt the best I have had success with it. I burnt 25 Nexxtech DVDs and have had good results. The burning issues were with Forrest Gump and The Day After Tomorrow. They went to 60% or 90% and the error popped up… part of the movie plays but I dont know how much of it will play. I know i should upgrade to anydvd or something but Im too cheap right now to buy a program. Any help would be appreciated!

Perhaps the movie dvds have little scratches on it. If not you may download the 21- days trial version of anydvd. In conjunction with dvddecrypter you have to set I/O Model to SPTI or ElbyCDIO and Cracking method to none in dvddecrypter.

Another possibilty is to use better dvd+r like ricoh.

This may also be of interest to you .

You’ll have to rip to the Hard-dive first … but it’s free

http://www.ripit4me.org/

:slight_smile:

hey shannon… i tried what u suggested by downloading ripit4me… i tried copying fun with dick and jane and got error in the middle… any chance i did something wrong? or does the program not always work?

Before going any further ,
I would look at the 'Source Disc"
Clean and inspect the disc for scratches , etc.

Also , You could “Scan” the disc with the VSOInspector ( it’s free )
If the VSOInspector reports any “Read” errors ,
I would then suspect a “Bad” source Disc .
I would then ‘acquire’ another copy and compare results .

If the Inspector doesn’t report any errors ,
I would then check your settings within the programs(s)
Here’s another guide for "Ripit4Me’
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=68097

I will add …
that AnyDVD is well worth the investment .
So much easier . Worth Every Penny . :iagree:
( It does have a 21 day free trial )
So don’t take my word for it ,
You should try it , if you haven’t

:slight_smile:

As I said in post number 2 :slight_smile:

thanks for the help guys… i was able to back up Fun with dick and jane with the dvd decrypter/ripit4me etc… now i just have to figure out how to burn with dvd shrink… if u read this before i finish please let me know :slight_smile: other wise ill check the forum… i usually use shrink to decrypt and decrypt to burn which kinda seems backwards according to their program names lol. thanks again

Once you’ve selected "back-up"
You should get a ‘prompt’ to select the “Target” ( Destination )

i’d like to clarify that you canot burn WITH dvd shrink. it is only a transcoding engine and does not have burning capabilities.

it is, however designed to call up nero or dvd decrypter to burn if you ask it to in the window that ahannon has provided in teh screenshot above.

just be advised that you are not burning WITH dvd shrink and that you need dvd decrypter or nero or some type of burning engine in order to burn the files that dvd srink produces.

yea i figured out that i had to start from the beginning after going through the ripit4me and such… long process but it worked… thanks shannon