Dvd decrypter....HELP!

I have tried using dvd decrypter to backup my ps2 games, but it doesn’t work.
I get an “i/o” error telling me that there is write protection. What software can i use to correct the problem or is there something I’m doing wrong? I’ve went to read and write mode, but when it starts to write the ISO it tells me there is an error. HELP!!!

Sorry there’s been no reply yet from a PS2 user. Did you mean you’d been using DVDDecrypter or DVDFab Decrypter? Pretty sure Clone mode in DVDFabGold/Platinum will back up game discs (never tried it).

/EDIT/ From the DVDFab website:

Clone: Make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of DVDs:

[ul]
[li]Make perfect dual layer DVD copy by using the original layer break position.[/li][li]Copy data DVD disc, like PS2 DVD.[/li][/ul]

Hey pard,
No the OP means dvddecrypter although he may well be better off with Platinum or DVDFab Decrypter. He’s posted the same question 3 times now, probably frustrated with the lack of replies:
write protection using dvd decrypter
burn ps2 games

[tag]… :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]@jacko0908[/B],

First off, I’d do what my good friend signals suggested.
Download and install the 30 day free trial of:
DVDFab Platinum
You also may be able to copy the game with:
DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.1.3.2 (06/10/2007)
It’s freeware and is supported by the developer.

You can get up-to-date help right here on this forum, but it’s for Fab software.
(I’ve never used a PS2 system either so I’m no help here either).

I would also pm a mod and merge or delete your other threads/posts,
[B]alan1476 [/B] is an excellent choice.

Double posting is against the rules and only serves to fragment advice and frustrate members.

If you are still unable to copy the game, I’m sure someone with PS2 experience will help you out.

BTW…welcome to cdfreaks… :wink:

I have used DVDFAB Decrypter to back up all my grandsons PS2 games that are DVDs.
Some of the older games are on CD instead of DVD.
The older games are easily copied using any software that will copy CD data or music.

Thank you and I have tried just about everything. what are the steps or tutorial in backing up the games using DVDFAB Decrypter?

Only two steps.
1…Use DVDFAB Decrypter to save the game to your hard drive.
2… Use whatever DVD burning software you have to burn it to a disk.

If you have DVDFAB Platinum that is all you need to do the job.

Thank you Maineman. I wasn’t aware that I double posted, but I will and try to rid the other. Wish me luck in my backups.

Does that work for XBOX too ? The same process I mean ? ~ Mike