DVD Decrypter Error! Help!

vbimport

Hello,
I have a SONY DVD Burner Model DRU-810A. I am using DVD Shrink 3.2, and DVD Encypter 3.5.4.0, all are up to date. Last night I copied Scarface just fine, but I am trying to make a copy of "Bewithced’, and it will not let me I get the following error:

[b]I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] Sony DVD RW DRU-810A 1.0a (D: ) (ATA)

ScSiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 0B 40 E0 00 00 10 00
Interpretation: Read(10) - Sector: 737504

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 04 05
Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

ABORT            RETRY               IGNORE[/b]

Can anyone help me out asap!!! Feel free to IM me on AIM @ MxRacer476 if so… :bow:

There is an entire thread dedicated to it here

Ok Thank you, sorry…Hopefully it will help

If your plan is to stick with DVD Decrypter you’ll need a psl2 file for bewitched. You can make one with a plugin for pgcedit. Or, you can alternatively use AnyDVD or DVDFab Decrypter as they will both handle this movie. It’s ARCCOS protected in case you’re wondering.

Also even if you rip the DVD with DVDFab Decrypter you can use that plugin to clean up the DVD after the rip.

I had no problems with Bewithced using DVD decripter so yours could be another protection level for rented movies.

BTW the movie is very very bad!

I ripped Bewitched and other ARccOS protected movies using manual removal of ARccOS. Here is the URL to the guide:

It is not for newbies though, but the process does not take much longer than normal ripping and burning.

How about this for a guide:

1. Install AnyDVD.

Whoo! You’re done!

You could also try this guide:

1. Install DVDFab Decrypter.

Or… sigh why do I bother? There’s always someone out there promoting doing things the HARD WAY.

no such thing as another protection level for rented movies (not yet at least). i work for a rental store, and we get normal retail copies just like any person would buy in the store. once they arrive to us we have to repackage them with barcodes, special inserts, stickers, etc. any copy you get for rental is just a retail copy that a rental store happened to buy.

There’s some anecdotal evidence that two versions of this movie were released…one with ARCCOS and one without. I’m not sure if that’s actually been proven or not. It may be that they were using such an old version of AnyDVD that it didn’t detect the protection correctly. Nonetheless, it’s at least possible in theory that they released two versions.

After many backups only a few that would play yet not copy. Copy protection is limited due to the fact most every DVD player must be able to play the disk - as a general rule if it plays it can be copied - some new discs may have problems out of the box (rare but true) but you try another way and find the solution - My last resort is to copy to my LiteOn LVW-5005 - remember most will be on Cable TV within a year. What ever new protection they come up with a solution is soon found. It is just a dumb game protect a CD or DVD then a short time later play it on the radio or cable TV. Example I had problems with “Spanglish” a few months ago now it is saved on my DVR. A growing list of dumb ideas Macrovision, reagion code, Music CDs for home recorders - only true protection is not to release the DVD or Tape till long after it is finished at the theaters.
I know of no one that makes copies of movies to sell, just for backup an personal loan to be used on another player. My cable company has free movies on demand but can’t be copied to HD go figure the logic - could understand PPV but not free on demand.

hi i download a move but if i play it back on media player sound is ok picture jumps all over can any one help

First, a comment about doing it the hard way: The guide was posted in the advanced forums, meaning that some knowledge of a DVD’s structure is needed. Also, to me it is just as easy as letting AnyDVD handle it. It only takes me an extra 5 minutes to edit everything and ripping is the same as normally would be and I also learn something every time I do it.

Second, there are a couple of problems with your solution:

1. AnyDVD is not free and some people will refuse to buy it along with CloneDVD2 for just 1 or 2 movies (I own both so this is not a problem for me)

2. AnyDVD has problems with DVD Shrink (not always though), which at the moment is better than CloneDVD2 because of custom compression settings. Also CloneDVD2 had a problem with 1 movie (don’t remember which, but it was Not a Sony) where it only detected the extra features and not the main movie.

3. DVDFab is not updated as often as AnyDVD. Also has problems with DVD Shrink. AnyDVD would be a better choice of the two.

4. The other guide is a complete guide including blanking unwanted features, skipping intro and FBI, etc… That is why it is harder. A ARccOS Movie only can be done by Ripping then importing into IFOEdit and pressing “create New IFOs” then Burn, or simply stripping the audio streams if it is a longer movie and then burn.

5. If you want to get rid of a lot of the extra crap, AnyDVD or DVDfab will not work alone. You will still need something else to work in conjunction. I know AnyDVD has “remove annoying adverts and trailers”, but that is very buggy. It screwed up 2 backups out of 4 I tried with that option, and I hate those Warnings, so I need to get rid of them.

AnyDVD is currently the best program to use for removing protection and DVDFab is almost as good, but no matter what, people will always have problems, whether with importing to another program or just not being able to afford to buy something. It is always good to have a totally free option available and of course doing something totally for free will be harder than something that you pay for.

I concur, however here is my process:

1. Copy files to hard drive folder. Since I run AnyDVD, this takes just a few minutes.

2. Fire up VOB Blanker (free). Remove unwanted content.

3. Fire up DVD Shrink.

It works like magic. The compatibility problems with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD are almost exclusively when trying to use DVD Shrink to rip “on the fly”, which is a bad way to do things in any case.

Also, the extra step of running VOB Blanker tends to fix whatever was broken in the IFOs anyway. :slight_smile:

While DVDFab Decrypter isn’t updated quite as often as AnyDVD, it’s updated often enough… and is free. :slight_smile:

Personally, I have never had a problem with AnyDVD and Shrink, but I have seen many posts where people do. Actually, I was reading a post in AD where the program caused the PC to give the BSoD. I am pretty sure it is what you stated as well as how they are set up. I keep my PC very clean and I use Windows 2000 which is easier on the resources.

I was wondering, with VobBlanker, did you try and blank out the Sony Logo on Bewitched? It gave me an error when I tried to do it, so I had to leave it in. I think I made it skip the Sony log with IFOEdit, but I don’t remember as I erased the DVDRW.

Also, what is the most current version of VobBlanker (I have 2.0.1.0), because it always fails on the Sony movies when processing the main movie. It gives me some stupid error like “reached end of VOB too early”. That is why I used IFOEdit to fix the ARccOS movies and use VobBlanker only for the previews and such.

What region is Bewitched? DvdReMake Pro has no problem blanking it and removing the bogus cells in VTS 2 for the ArccOS movie.

I think 99% of persistent reported problems that can’t be confirmed … tend to be caused by bad configurations. I have personally NEVER seen this behavior. I believe that it happens, but I don’t think it’s AnyDVD/DVD Shrink that is the problem.

I was wondering, with VobBlanker, did you try and blank out the Sony Logo on Bewitched? It gave me an error when I tried to do it, so I had to leave it in. I think I made it skip the Sony log with IFOEdit, but I don’t remember as I erased the DVDRW.

I haven’t copied Bewitched yet… haven’t watched it yet. May not, given the reviews. :slight_smile:

Also, what is the most current version of VobBlanker (I have 2.0.1.0), because it always fails on the Sony movies when processing the main movie. It gives me some stupid error like “reached end of VOB too early”. That is why I used IFOEdit to fix the ARccOS movies and use VobBlanker only for the previews and such.[/QUOTE]

I’m still using 2.0.0.2, but a quick check of VideoHelp’s tools page lists the VOB Blanker homepage as:

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

And the most recent version there is 2.0.1.0 so if you’re having a consistent problem I’d email jsoto. He is VERY responsive - I’ve gotten mail back from him a time or two in just minutes.

Thanks for all the info.

Oh, and you did good to stay away from Bewitched.

I know there are several reasons people have stated for this error, but I corrected mine by simply switching the dvd brand I was using. I would try that first.