Dvd decrypter, dvd2one, and my dvdrom slow?

vbimport

i am having trouble ripping over 2x speeds. i mean it takes FOREVER to rip a dvd, like an hour at 2.1x…

my dvd rom drive is a 12x. the model is a TOSHIBA SD-M1402

does any one else have this drive and maybe can help me out…i looked for firmare, but it was for region free. i dont really know what to do.

do you have DMA enabled on your system

Uninstall the IDE channel that the Tosh is installed on from Device manager and reboot, Windows will reinstall the channel and devices and normal ripping should be with you again.

Have you ever had DVD X copy on your system by any chance? This can happen as the drivers it installs can screw about with the above.

Originally posted by duckwings
i am having trouble ripping over 2x speeds. i mean it takes FOREVER to rip a dvd, like an hour at 2.1x…
my dvd rom drive is a 12x. the model is a TOSHIBA SD-M1402
does any one else have this drive and maybe can help me out…i looked for firmare, but it was for region free. i dont really know what to do.

I’ve the same drive, and DVDD rips movies to HD in about 10 min.
Do you run XP? It has the [ridiculous] ‘feature’ of setting drives to pio-modes if/when just a few crc-errors have been detected. One way to disable this behavior (presumably there are others) is as follows:
“Here is some more info. This is the one that might actually fix DMA to PIO switching. If XP detects enough DMA errors on a drive it switches to PIO. The fix is to remove MasterIdDataCheckSum or SlaveIdDataCheckSum depending on the drive at this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Choose 001 if the drive is on primary IDE channel, 002 if on
secondary.”

i took and messed around with both of your guys’s advice. i got it up to around 10x now in dvd decrypt. is that the fastest it can go loggy? what speed does your toshiba rip at?

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by duckwings
[B]i took and messed around with both of your guys’s advice. i got it up to around 10x now in dvd decrypt. is that the fastest it can go loggy? what speed does your toshiba rip at?

:slight_smile: [/B]

Sounds about right to me…
So you were ‘stung’ by this marvelous ‘feature’ of XP?
I truely hate this unauthorized handholding from M$…!