DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink help

vbimport

Whats the difference between using DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink when DVD Shrink can do all except burn. I am kind of confused. What do people use DVD Decrypter for? Do you use it after or before shrink? Would I be better off burning with nero or DVD Devrypter. If decrypter anyone wanna tell me how to set it up to burn straight to decrypter after dvd shrink.

there are many differences between the two. the main difference being, dvd shrink can transcode [shrink] the dvd files and dvd decrypter can’t

I am fairly new to DVD burning and copying. But as i understand it, DVD decrypter is best used for taking the DVD and copying it onto your hard drive. This gives you a pretty damn big file/files in formats like .vob and .ifo and .bup which you may not understand like I didnt. So at this point if you have no clue where to go from there, you take DVD Shrink and open the folder which you saved the DVD files in which should be called VIDEO_TS. Its very simple and from there DVD Shrink should do the rest. It identifies the Main Movie files and the extras and the Menu which with the beauty of this program can choose whether or not you want it on there or not. And after you choose if u want just the movie or the whole exact copy - it “shrinks” or compresses it to the required compression needed to fit on a normal 4.7 Gig DVD-R. DVD Shrink then can join together with Nero to burn it from there. All you need to burn DVDs are these 3 programs really. Hope this helps man.

thanks for all the help. i just want to know if dvd decrypter is really needed or not. DVD shrink can put the files on your computer also. i have burned a dvd both ways. just with dvd shrink/nero and with
dvd decrypter/dvd shrink/nero and i think they so far have both worked so i was actually wondering if decrypter was needed or makes the quality better.

Decrypter can save the files on your disk as an iso image, then burn it to the disk if it is already small enough to fit onto a dvdr. It is also one of the most recommended ways of burning to dual layer dvd’s right now. To do this you change the mode to iso read, then iso write.

I’ve also found that Decrypter is better at ripping dvd’s with scratches. Shrink can be a little fussy with imperfect disks. So, if you run into one that Shrink can’t handle, its good to have Decrypter around.

You don’t really need Decryptor most of the time, however, there are some DVDs that Shrink has trouble reading. In those cases, Decryptor usually will work. Also Decryptor can handle some of the new copy protection methods while Shrink can’t.

As its name suggests, Decryptor is simply the best decryptor out there, but you don’t need it unless Shrink does’t work.

I like shrink. it has more options than decrypt

both together you have a fine solution, shrink has not all things what is possible like remove macrovision etc, and dvdecryper has many option like remove marcovision, but cant shrink the files to fit in a singellayer dvd

So far I have never had a problem with Shrink 3.2, but I hear Sony has a new encryption scheme out there that you’ll need the latest DVD Decrypter or AnyDisk to remove…the bigname movie is Black Book & the latest Resident Evil

BF

i am making back up copy of the charmed dvd’s
i have been having trouble with some of the dvd where it comes up with a data error that it cant read the d:\ and something about cyclic redundancy error or something and i dont know what to do

can someone please help my email address is jasmine95_03@hotmail.com

please please please

thanx

You will have to use a program like DvdFab HD Decrypter or RipIt4Me to rip to your hard drive & then carry on as you normally would. If you are going to put them on dual layer blank media, I would recommend Verbatim preferably made in Singapore. For this I would do a Full Dvd Rip & then use ImgBurn in Build Mode. If you are going to use Dvd Shrink to make it fit on single layer blank media, remember your compression will be at 50+% for the full dvd. If you are going to do this, I would suggest finishing one & see how it looks on your TV when played.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/guide-simple-dvd-backup-using-dvdfab-hd-decrypter-dvd-shrink-imgburn-234028/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/official-guide-dvdfab-231930/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reading-dual-layer-dvds-235705/

sometimes it wont even finish analyzing the dvd and sometimes it analyzes but stops at a certain percent when its encoding… could it be because some of the dvds are scratched

Cyclic redundancy error often is asssociated with a dirty disc, so cleaning might help.
This error message also can be an indication of protection that Shrink cant handle.
So, if cleaning disc does not help, use DvdFabHD Decrypter as Beef Barley suggests.

[quote=jasmine95;2050653]i am making back up copy of the charmed dvd’s
i have been having trouble with some of the dvd where it comes up with a data error that it cant read the d:\ and something about cyclic redundancy error or something and i dont know what to do

can someone please help my email address is jasmine95_03@hotmail.com

please please please

thanx[/quote]

Sometimes it isn’t a dirty disc.

I’ve had this problem before but tried DVDFab for the first time yesterday and it worked great. Afterward, you then need to use DVDShrink and then ImgBurn as usual. It’s an extra step for me, but it finally got around the “cyclic redundancy error” problem I’ve had with some of my other DVD’s.