DVD data not seen on SOME computers...why?

Hi there,
I’m REALLY stumped and figured someone on here might be able to help me. I’ve been burning dvds (Maxell dvd+r 8x single layer) which have worked without a problem for some time. I use RoxIO by the way. I burned one the other day on a new dvd (imation dvd+r 16x single layer) and only certain computers in the office can see the data I burn (namely the newer machines). THEN to top it off…I asked an office mate who can NOT see my disk what he uses, and he uses dvd+r 16x…so all of a sudden this write speed thing seems to not matter. How can I make these discs work?? Any suggestions?? Hope that makes sense.
Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it!

Partly bad media, and partly needing to slow down your burn speeds

Thanks for the speedy response Rob.
Okay, I’ll see about adjusting the write speed. Are Imation known for not being such a good choice for dvds for older readers?

[QUOTE=jralli;2012750]Thanks for the speedy response Rob.
Okay, I’ll see about adjusting the write speed. Are Imation known for not being such a good choice for dvds for older readers?[/QUOTE]

For on reason if the other computer doesn’t have the required software that roxio used to create the data cd it won’t be able to see it. Some media create by the software must have it reader part of the software installed to see the media created by that software. And yes burn speed and media does matter but I would slow down the burn speed first to see if that is the cause of the unreadable media. But if you formatted it with roxio format the other computer if they don’t have the roxio app probably won’t be able to see it. Just like nero if you format with nero - nero will try to install its app to read the nero created cd. That is one reason I stayed with windows to write and burn to the cd/dvd media. I do still the burner program but for burning data cd/dvd mostly.

What software are you using to burn the discs and what format are you using?