DVD Covers

:confused: I was wondering if anyone can help me with this headache that I have! We made a video of my Daughter’s wedding and turned it into a DVD, we wanted to give our close family and friends a copy of the wedding and used FAB to do the copying to which they have all turned out great. The problem is the cover for the video case, I recon it will be very expensive to run off 100 copies of the cover which my wife insists on providing with each DVD. The cover consists of the happy couple on the front and all the important info on the back. Does anyone know of a cheap way to print off 100 copies without costing an arm and a leg. I think my printer’s ink will have to be changed every dozen or so copies which will be expensive.

Hope someone can give me some ideas

Mal
:doh: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: I was wondering if anyone can help me with this headache that I have! We made a video of my Daughter’s wedding and turned it into a DVD, we wanted to give our close family and friends a copy of the wedding and used FAB to do the copying to which they have all turned out great. The problem is the cover for the video case, I recon it will be very expensive to run off 100 copies of the cover which my wife insists on providing with each DVD. The cover consists of the happy couple on the front and all the important info on the back. Does anyone know of a cheap way to print off 100 copies without costing an arm and a leg. I think my printer’s ink will have to be changed every dozen or so copies which will be expensive.

Hope someone can give me some ideas

Mal
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The cheapest way to use CD/DVD labeler software and paper (e.g. SureThing Labeler) or if you do have “LightScribe” capable burner buy LS media and make label using Light/scribe technology which won’t be cheap .

make one up on glossy paper and take it to your local copy shop that’s all, I can suggest
by the way it’s not a good idea to double post on cd freaks!

I made a cover insert once for a family DVD. I took it to OfficeMax and had it printed on one of their color lasers. Much cheaper than hi-res printing with my inkjet. It goes through a color cartridge ($35) in about 12 copies in that mode. I think the OfficeMax copies were like 50 cents each or so.

Kinko or any other copy shop?
Most can print (to A4 or Letter) from file directly, preserving quality. They may even be helpful in cutting the paper to the correct size

Thanks Taxman,

That is a possibility that I will look into.

Mal

@stormwolf2: please don’t cross-post the same question in two places. It’s confusing and frustrating for the members trying to help.

You may like to look at posts #3 and #4 above which you maybe did not see in the other thread.

Two threads merged and transferred to ‘CD & DVD Printing and Labelling’ forum…

:slight_smile: Thank you all for your help, I think the copy shop is a great idea. :slight_smile: :clap:

:o Sorry for the double posting, it will not happen again. :confused: :smiley: