DVD Copying

Does anyone know what software is needed to make perfect and exact copies of DVD movies that are protected or non-protected.
And…
Is there one program that does it all, or is the a collection of different software needed? :confused:

If you have a double layer dvd burner all you will need is dvd decryptor and blank double layer discs but if you are not using double layer just yet then dvdshrink is free and an exellent program.
also anydvd\clonedvd is very good and easy to use…

Yo-

I use AnyDVD (which resides in the background and removes the copy protection when the commercial DVD is put in the drive) - for $39 from www.slysoft.com - and then burn with InterVideo DVD Copy - (cheapo version @ $11 from www.ussa.com) takes less than 40 minutes when I burn to Taiyo Yuden 8x -R’s ($30 + shipping for 50 cakebox from www.rima.com )-on my NEC 3500-

With using a DVD-rom drive and burning to the burner drive it truely is a simple and effective operation-

The neat thing is that the InterVideo DVD Copy has shrunk EVERY movie to a single disc EVERY time - don’t get much better than that-

Happy Burnin’

Mike

I recommend going the DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter route. It is free and easy. :wink: If nothing else you can use it as a reference point.

To make your decision more complex: from personal experience, I recommend AnyDVD and CloneDVD, they go hand in hand.

The only way to make ‘perfect and exact’ copies of most DVD movies is to use a dual layer burner and discs. If you are copying an older DVD that comes in under 4.7 GB in size, use either of the decrypting programs mentioned (AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter) and burn with your burning program of choice.

If you want to get as close as possible to original quality on single layer discs, I recommend DVD Rebuilder with CCE or Quenc: it will preserve significantly more quality than any transcoder.