DVD Copying software gets pulled

Seen on the news that ‘realnetworks’ has been succesfully sued in relation to their dvd copying software.

Could this be the start of a trend and other companies get sued for creating such software, and could this affect dvdfab.

In all I think this is bad news for the consumer, as you should be able to make a backup of your dvd’s for your own personel use.

Now I have some films I can’t watch on my HTPC due to some copy protection running the minute you put the disc in the drive. These can’t be sent back to supplier as have been opened.

Anyone have any thoughts on this

You can still make all the backups you want with DVDFab. The MPAA is a powerful organization, but they do not pull much weight in Beijing.

[QUOTE=signals;2138198]You can still make all the backups you want with DVDFab. The MPAA is a powerful organization, but they do not pull much weight in Beijing.[/QUOTE]

At least not for now and hopefully for a while to come.

[QUOTE=bean55;2138201]At least not for now and hopefully for a while to come.[/QUOTE]

You would think with the troubles all over the world over corperate greed… enough would be enough, but it’s never enough until they have everything. When will it stop?:confused: