Dvd Copying Software Banned

vbimport

I GOT THIS EMAIL and I wanted to pass it on to everyone, appearently we might have a problem soon with dvdfab and it’s availability.

TECHNOLOGY NEWS

Ban on DVD copying software looms

Article by Tom Hirschkorn
March 10th, 2007
TechnoGeek Exclusive Report

You will never have the chance to copy your DVDs again.

Due to legal battles currently being waged and new laws being passed, experts are saying this is your last chance to own controversial DVD copying software. Retailers are now selling DVD Copying software at blowout prices before it’s banned forever. Hollywood has been battling software companies for years and now it appears Hollywood has finally won the war. The final deadline for the ban could be any day, even tomorrow!

If you are at all interested in copying/backing up DVDs, you should pick this software up before it’s too late. Article Continued…

How will the DVD copying software ban will effect you? What are your options?

Find out in this exclusive report.

If you do not wish to hear from us again, simply click once on the link below. If the system is busy, please try later, Thanks. PLEASE NOTE: the system is busiest from midnight to 8am Central Time
Links edited by Forum Moderator

Well, that may apply to the US, but I think they’ll find it hard to enforce in the rest of the world, especially China, from where Fab originates.

That e-mail is from over a year ago, I wouldn’t take it very seriously LOL.:disagree: I bet the software industry was a little slow in 2007 and they put that out so everyone would rush to buy the software.:wink:

[quote=SLOVEHEART;2062762]I GOT THIS EMAIL and I wanted to pass it on to everyone, appearently we might have a problem soon with dvdfab and it’s availability. (…)

TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Article by Tom Hirschkorn
March 10th, [B]2007
[/B] TechnoGeek Exclusive Report
[/quote]So they consider an article that was written [B]one year ago[/B] (!) as NEWS. :rolleyes:
Not really a reliable source. :disagree:

Michael
EDIT: Alan was faster :slight_smile:

Looks to me like they are selling the “exclusive report”. It has been illegal to sell (but not to own) software or hardware like this in the US for some time.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the article - it’s pretty old for one and it’s really just an advertisement to entice (or frighten) you to buy the software being touted - [B]TODAY[/B].

That said, I think that because of regulations that the article alludes to (rules which may exist now or in the future and may differ from country to country) is why you actually buy DVDFab from dvdfab.[B]net[/B], not dvdfab.[B]com[/B]. The download on dvdfab.net does not contain CSS decryption. By happy coincidence, the reg key you get for the non-CSS version of DVDFab also unlocks the version of DVDFab that you download from dvdfab.com, which does perform decryption.

So the regulations mentioned have had an effect on the DVD ripping market (another example is that the corporate ownership of another generally well regarded DVD protection remover has moved to a country with a friendlier legal climate), but the market has not been shut down.

what a load of bull…best ignored…

Jepp, they want to sell something.
Consider that mail as spam and deal with it accordingly.

EDIT: This mail IS spam.

This would best be catagorized as history & not news. But then again, isn’t 99% of all news actually history if you think about it?

Yep most news is history and so will this thread be, if anymore of it is posted.:iagree: Its spam .:cool:

My heart skipped a beat. Being one of us that purchased Dvd X Copy before the judge’s ruling, this got my attention real quick. Glad it is old news.

Ha Ha Ha…

Oh yes, I am really Scared…:kiss:

They can stop one, they can’t stop all.

I love DVDFAB and I won’t even worry about it.

Actually, I remembered ages ago when BETAMEX and VHS came out with the same RULES about copying…But consumers could not careless.

Moreover, the movie industry should be very pleased that we are buying their product and making copies… (albeit for ourselves not commerical gains).

Anyway, what do I know, I am a Sea Monster…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2062769]That e-mail is from over a year ago, I wouldn’t take it very seriously LOL.:disagree: I bet the software industry was a little slow in 2007 and they put that out so everyone would rush to buy the software.;)[/QUOTE]
well alan, i just got the damn thing today (no offense to you), i do not really think it will crush our beloved dvdfab, but i thought i would put this out there, i guess these folks are trying to drum up business!!

another thing i heard on the evening news a few weeks ago was that there was a japanesse company that has come out with a supposed uncopyable disc, my wife told me that she heard this on the news, and i have not heard anything more about it, everything is surrountable i believe.
hope everything remains the same!

[quote=SLOVEHEART;2062915]another thing i heard on the evening news a few weeks ago was that there was a japanesse company that has come out with a supposed uncopyable disc, my wife told me that she heard this on the news, and i have not heard anything more about it, everything is surrountable i believe.
hope everything remains the same![/quote]

I think there is no point being so paranoid. If one day DVD copy is no more available, I am sure smart folks will come out with something else.

Few months back when SONY won the Blu_Ray wars, it was mentioned that BLU-RAY cannot be ripped, however, some company has came out with the ability to ripped them…it is matter of time.

Looking back, I remembered when DVD players had regional codes, now you can hardly see any manufacturer obeying regional codes. FYI, my SONY Hi-Fi Theatre System can play movies from ALL regions…and I did not make any modifications to the player.

The movie industries are SMART but not STUPID. They will find ways to RESTRICT copying but generally, they will not BARRED movie copying. And even if they restrict, manufacturer will “follow” consumers demands…Look at what happen to BETAMAX. (they restrict copying) and they Fail.

Who knows, maybe some one will come up with the ability to use SD or flash memory on TV or player to view HI-FI movies … so we do not need to RIP movies, we can just COPY and PASTE from one source to the other and live happily ever after.

Chow

Chow

Dear Folks…

Read the attachment about legal issues with copying BLU RAY or link below.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021079&source=rs

Thanks

Copying HD DVD and Blu-ray discs may become legal.pdf (159 KB)

‘Get your stinkin’ paws off me [I]DVDFab[/I], you damned dirty ape!’ :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2062806]Jepp, they want to sell something.
Consider that mail as spam and deal with it accordingly.

EDIT: This mail IS spam.[/QUOTE]

sorry about spreading spam, but it’s better than spreading STD’s = again sorry:o

I get a copy of spam like that almost weekly, it is filitered out by my ISP’s spam filter.