DVD copy protection burning software

vbimport

Hi,
I was looking for a solution regarding copy protection on DVDs.
I know no protection is fail safe. But I needed a medium protection technology burning software which if possible should

• Hide the contents of the DVD on a PC
  • Enable only an application on the DVD to access the files on the DVD.

I have seen many dvds in the market nowdays which have the files on in hidden on a PC. I do not know how they do it or which software they use. If anyone could even name that burning software i would be most greatful.

Please advise…

[QUOTE=thyscorpion;2049937]Hi,
I know no protection is fail safe. But I needed a medium protection technology burning software which if possible should

I have seen many dvds in the market nowdays which have the files on in hidden on a PC. I do not know how they do it or which software they use. If anyone could even name that burning software i would be most greatful.

Please advise…[/QUOTE]

That in my view is called rootkits, malware, spyware…anything that is hidden is no good for the consumers. You should contact Sony in that department if you looking to do something like that.

hey cool colors,

i was looking for a third party software not as big as sony as a solution. to hide files is not the main aim. the main aim obviously is to restrict copy from the dvd.
why i asked you gues is because i saw a dvd of a compay which used such a technique. if had flash files but i could only see them through their autorun software, when i tried alcohol etc… it never ripped the DVD completely (mearly 10% of it) as the files were also not visible when explored i asked on such a forum…

any idea what kind of a software will help me achieve such a restriction.
their may be cracks or hacks for the protection but i want to atleast protect the DVD from normal PC owners.

help…

[QUOTE=thyscorpion;2050022]hey cool colors,

i was looking for a third party software not as big as sony as a solution. to hide files is not the main aim. the main aim obviously is to restrict copy from the dvd.
why i asked you gues is because i saw a dvd of a compay which used such a technique. if had flash files but i could only see them through their autorun software, when i tried alcohol etc… it never ripped the DVD completely (mearly 10% of it) as the files were also not visible when explored i asked on such a forum…

any idea what kind of a software will help me achieve such a restriction.
their may be cracks or hacks for the protection but i want to atleast protect the DVD from normal PC owners.

help…[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do know where your coming from it’s just that was from all the problems we the end users been having to deal with. Not that it was directed toward you in any terms or fashion. But if you doing it on your own by all means you entitled to do so. My guess would be to do a internet search and see what companies out there have on personal software that will do that for you and your needs. What kinda DVD are you trying to make that would do like your saying?? I know DVDfab and Slysoft software will decrypt most if not all but Slysoft goes one stepup by going BD as well. What files are you trying to keep hidden from pc owners? Is that a autorun or plays only on standalone? Without knowing much as to what kinda files your referring to??

[quote=thyscorpion;2049937]Hi,

Please advise…[/quote]
I know this is for large end user but it may be an option, I have no idea what you are doing
http://www.macrovision.com/products/anti_piracy/ripguard.htm
You could also try a password protection. I believe if you use Google you may find a password program which only allows the user with the password to watch the DVD. You could also just use an external hdd to keep your personal files on and take it with you.