DVD Copy option is expired message

vbimport

I started to copy a DVD and received the following message.

The DVD Copy option is expired. You are going to use HD Decrypter.

I am a licensed user and am using 8.0.6.8. This is new, what does it mean.

Thanks
Bob

I am closing this as I realize now it was a quick and stupid question.
Bob

I guess it all depends on how long your license is good for do you have the lifetime license?

I have a lifetime license.

This was the first time I backed up to my hard drive rather than to another DVD. It made the copy just fine.

When I looked further at the message it seemed to refer to another product. At any rate I don’t have a problem. I think I just jumped to a conclusion.

Thanks for replying,
Bob

Ahhh glad you got it sorted out. :iagree:

To restate, I am a lifetime licensed user of DVDFab. All of a sudden I am getting the message the my DVD Copy is expired and that the DVD decrypter will be used. I don’t understand why I get this now and not a week ago.

I now am getting a new message when it starts to write that my media inserted is single layer and to please insert a double layer media to start the write.
I am using the same blank DVD’s from the same stack for a long time and never had a message before. I use Memorex DVD +R.

I am very frustrated. Maybe this stuff is just getting complicated for my old brain. If someone can help, please.

I am using the current release.

I don’t believe this but there is an option in the DVD quality option that I never saw before (is it new?).

It was defaulting to DVD9. I changed it to a DVD5 and it seems to be working again. The layer message disappeared.

I still get the message about the DVD Copy which is new. I never had bought that product, only the DVDFab.

Bob

Re download the latest version. Do a clean uninstall and then reboot and do a clean install.
Get a new key from DVDFab and you should be good.

Sounds like the program may have gotten corrupted and now thinks it is the free version.Which is why it is asking for a dl disc

Thank you.

Thank you very much, you were correct. It has fixed the problem.
Bob

Your Welcome

I too did the hard reinstall and the program worked after that. Now my DVD to mobile gives me the same error message that it has expired. Never had this issue before in other upgrades.

[QUOTE=mdfergus;2579906]I too did the hard reinstall and the program worked after that. Now my DVD to mobile gives me the same error message that it has expired. Never had this issue before in other upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried re-entering your reg key ?

Never had to do that. How do I re enter the key?

[QUOTE=mdfergus;2579911]Never had to do that. How do I re enter the key?[/QUOTE]

If you have your registration key that was sent to you as an attachment when you bought DVDFab just double click on it, however if you don’t have a copy of it you can retrieve it using the “User Control Panel” on the DVDFab website.

Please read there-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-knowledge-base-310834/#post2543779

Thanks SJ I didn’t know how as I haven’t needed to do this but I read the link anyway.

[QUOTE=cholla;2579918]Thanks SJ I didn’t know how as I haven’t needed to do this but I read the link anyway.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome my friend :smiley:

The DVDFab Knowledge-Base sticky thread has good info :wink:

Finally got a chance to try your recommendation. Worked like a charm. Now if I could just get rid of those pesky subtitles.