DVD-Copy on-the-fly

vbimport

currently using Ner0 burning-rom for dvd-copy on-the-fly. works good. :slight_smile:

i was just wondering, are there other possibly freeware apps to copy on-the-fly. ive read that clonecd works good. :slight_smile:

thanks

troy

I use DVD Decrypter and works good too.

so nobody knows of any freeware apps to copy dvd on the fly. :frowning: id think with all the love :bigsmile: ner0 gets around here there would be several alternatives. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you have Nero. You can even use Nero Recode to burn on the fly.

Should know that copy on the fly requires to drive on two separate cable or sata cable otherwise you will get coasters and bad copies and lots of CPU resourcing memory usages…I would like to try it soon here but need to get third burner so I have 3 drives on three separate IDE cables to do copy on the fly.

thanks for the replies

should know that i have been successfully doing this with out a problem. i have both drives on my secondary ide channel. i just open up nero burning rom, select dvd copy and check the box for on the fly. :iagree:

i myself thought i would get many coasters. :frowning: but has been working really good actually. i use my 20a1p as reader and 165p6s as burner set at 8x. :smiley: ive performed several quality scans using both drives and so far so good. :cool:

i dont really need another program, but just was interested in finding another, as this is the only reason i still need ner0. :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks again

troy

yeah the old myth of copying on the fly is dead really. I’ve been doing it for years. CloneCD. I’ve been try for a couple years to get Fengtao do add it. I even said i’d be a tester.

I would not say it is at myth or dead but just not an accurate statement. It all depends on your computer and what you have in it along with things like what you are trying to do at the same time. As long as you have a good computer with plenty of memory you can burn on the fly without problems as long as you do not try and do something else that takes a lot of cpu usage or memory. I for one burn mine using clonedvd and do what I want on the computer while it is copying it to the hard drive but try and leave the computer alone for the 8 minutes it takes to burn it. Not that I really think it will make a coaster if I do something while it is burning but why take the chance of making a coaster.

Troy and Bob, as well as CoolColors, are talking about On-The-Fly copying, which is copying and burning at the ‘same time’ with two drives, which can only be done with Nero Burning Rom and CloneCD [B](EDIT: forgt to add 1ClickDVDCopy to the lst)[/B]. Recode, DVDDecrypter, & CloneDVD cannot do what Troy was referring to.
Just wanted to clarify what it was that Troy was asking about. :wink:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2055287]Should know that copy on the fly requires to drive on two separate cable or sata cable otherwise you will get coasters and bad copies and lots of CPU resourcing memory usages…I would like to try it soon here but need to get third burner so I have 3 drives on three separate IDE cables to do copy on the fly.[/QUOTE]

that is pure BS, burn on the fly with nero all
the time no coasters and with any dvd have no problem with sony protection not working correctly, like when you use FAB, so if your not informed keep your opion to yourself and using same ide cable ones master ones slave

thanks MBK,

so just to clarify what you are saying. :slight_smile:

is it correct that [B][I][U]only[/U][/I][/B] ner0 and clonecd (and 1ClickDVDCopy) will provide DVD-Copy on-the-fly?

i did search for other programs before i started the thread but didnt find anything. i was hoping that someone would provide me with a great little app that i missed somewhere. :slight_smile:

as ive said, i dont really have a problem with using ner0, was just wanting to find something else. and since i already have ner0 7.10.1.0, i was really looking for a freeware application.

looking at the slysoft site clonecd is approximately 60.29 USD. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit// i backup my originals with dvdfab and imgburn.

Pretty sure those are the only. I usually use Nero myself for that, and have tried CloneCD for it which I liked best. 1ClickDVDCopy has that capability as well if you make the DVD’s VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD Drive as the source. But don’t know of a freeware that can copy and burn simultaneously.

CDBurningXP, freeware, should make it possible to copy the source to media via same or alternative drive on the fly. :slight_smile:

ill check it out thanks