DVD copy-on-the-fly slow, please help

vbimport

Hi guys,

Can’t fix this problem: I have two very similar computers, running exactly the same software. The one (3500+ AMD Athlon) will copy a DVD on-the-fly in about 13 minutes, the other (3200+ AMD Athlon) takes 43-46 minutes to copy the same DVD. I have tried re-installing Nero, but it didn’t help. Also swopping the two identical Lite-On Combo’s had no effect. Surely the difference in hardware can’t cause such a huge difference in performance?

3500+ AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939:

• 2x 512MB Kingston DDR400 RAM
  • 74.6 GB Western Digital SATA 10 000 rpm Raptor HD
  • 160 GB Western Digital SATA 7200 rpm 8MB buffer HD
  • Gigabyte nForce4 SLi Socket 939 MoBo (K8NU-SLI)
  • Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT Turbo Force Edition PCI-Express
  • Lite-On Combo Drive
  • Lite-On DVD-RW

3200+ AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939:

• 2x 256MB Transcend DDR400 RAM
  • 160 GB Western Digital SATA 7200 rpm 8MB buffer HD
  • Gigabyte nForce4 4X Socket 939 MoBo (K8NF939)
  • Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI-Express
  • Lite-On Combo Drive
  • Lite-On DVD-RW

Both PC’s run Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1a and Nero Ultra v6.6.0.1. All other software also the same.

Please help.

Remove the Primary and Secondary IDE channels in device manager. Reboot. Verify that these IDE channels are set to use DMA mode and all devices are running in DMA.

A program running in the background can affect on the fly copying. 13 min is only about 4X. If you want speed, then burn from the HD at 16X (6 min burn). In the end, we’re only talking about a few minutes. Burning from the HD is much safer. With on the fly, if the source drive must slow down due to bad media, then you may end up with a coaster DVD.

Open the Nero StartSmart>Extras>Get system info and reply back with the Infotool.txt. Note: it is not necessary to uninstall the IDE controllers.

Thanx guys, will try it.

This problem happened often on my PC.Burn on fly or quick copy DVD to DVD 4.7GB take about 40 minutes very slow!
:Resolve problem
1.Go to Device manager
2.Go to IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLERS Then click at + sign to see contain inside
3.Right click Primary IDE Channel then choose Uninstall ----OK
4.Right click Secondary IDE Channel then choose Uninstall ----OK
5.After both Channel Uninstalled [B]restart your PC[/B]

The last post was over 4 years ago. I’m sure they have it fixed by now.