Dvd copies not playing

I have been using DVDfab 6.1.0.5 beta and earlier versions to rip movies and Nero StartSmart Essentials to burn them. They seem to work on my on computers & dvd players. When I take them to watch on other dvd players or computers they don’t. The computers can’t find them. Have I got some settings wrong or what Sometimes when I burn with my computer the writer will play the movie but the dvd player won’t play it. I’m at my ends to find out what is wrong.

[QUOTE=rowdy1968;2448539]I have been using DVDfab 6.1.0.5 beta and earlier versions to rip movies and Nero StartSmart Essentials to burn them. They seem to work on my on computers & dvd players. When I take them to watch on other dvd players or computers they don’t. The computers can’t find them. Have I got some settings wrong or what Sometimes when I burn with my computer the writer will play the movie but the dvd player won’t play it. I’m at my ends to find out what is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Hi rowdy1968

Sorry you are having this issue :frowning:
the thing about nero is that it does not burn the AUDIO_TS folder to the disc, even though this folder is always empty it is needed by most standalone DVD player for playability reasons.

As far as the computer not seeing it this could be related to the brand of media your using and/or the burn speed used…example…low to poor quality media should never be burned faster then half the rated speed…ie…16x rated burn at 8x, if burned to fast they can have play back issues.

You didn’t specify the media your using or the burn speed, however I suggest you use Verbatin 16x media for video backups, if you are not doing so already, also another suggestion is use ImgBurn for the burning it is freeware and highly recommended :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Nero will insert the AUDIO_TS folder by default if the DVD Video project type is selected.

It’s possible to override this but I can’t see any reason for doing so.

According to the DVD specifications the AUDIO_TS is required for compatibility reasons however in practice it’s almost universally ignored by standalone DVD players.

It’s a subject that regularly resurfaces as to whether or not the AUDIO_TS folder is required at all on DVD Video discs as even some commercial discs have don’t have it.

Personally my view on this is that since it takes up virtually no space, and there’s no advantage in excluding it, then it should always be present.

I think you’re right in suspecting a media problem though as off the top of my head I can’t think of any other reason why it would play in one PC and not another.

In fact if it plays in one PC then it should in theory play in any other PC providing the media is okay.

Bit of a mystery this one.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2448661]Nero will insert the AUDIO_TS folder by default if the DVD Video project type is selected.

It’s possible to override this but I can’t see any reason for doing so.

According to the DVD specifications the AUDIO_TS is required for compatibility reasons however in practice it’s almost universally ignored by standalone DVD players.

It’s a subject that regularly resurfaces as to whether or not the AUDIO_TS folder is required at all on DVD Video discs as even some commercial discs have don’t have it.

Personally my view on this is that since it takes up virtually no space, and there’s no advantage in excluding it, then it should always be present.

I think you’re right in suspecting a media problem though as off the top of my head I can’t think of any other reason why it would play in one PC and not another.

In fact if it plays in one PC then it should in theory play in any other PC providing the media is okay.

Bit of a mystery this one.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I have read where a few members have stated that neo 9 did not add the audio_ts folder :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2448716]I have read where a few members have stated that neo 9 did not add the audio_ts folder :confused:[/QUOTE]

Actually you could be right there as there does seem to be an issue with DVDFab not passing command line parameters on correctly to Nero 9.

The answer to this for the OP would be to burn separately in Nero 9, choosing the DVD Video profile, or alternatively use DVDFab in conjunction with ImgBurn which is probably best in any case.

TBH I hadn’t considered that the OP was possibly running Nero 9 via DVDFab but that could indeed be the case. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]