DVD contents analysis software

vbimport

Does anyone know of any software that will do a complete analysis of a DVD and display detailed content information, such as all available Titles, chapters,subtitle and audio options, Length (time) of titles and length of chapters within titles.

I run Windows 7 64bit

DVDDecrypter can show most of this. It is free to download and use, but is ineffective as a decryption program for many newer movies. You could use DVDFab Passkey in the background for those (Passkey is free while still in beta).

Decrypter will start with the main movie PGC. You can examine chapters in that PGC, and if you click the Stream Processing tab, you’ll see all the video, audio and subtitle streams included. To see chapter length in time, hover your cursor over each one.

DVDFab should also be able to do this. Click on Customize after the dvd has been analyzed. DVDFab is not a free program however.

[QUOTE=skypilotpete;2551220]Does anyone know of any software that will do a complete analysis of a DVD and display detailed content information, such as all available Titles, chapters,subtitle and audio options, Length (time) of titles and length of chapters within titles.

I run Windows 7 64bit[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure exactly what you want to do with this but PgcEdit is the ultimate DVD structure editor and viewer.

It’s free too.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for both replies. I have now tried out both DVDDecrypter and PgcEdit and they both show me what I want to know.

[QUOTE=skypilotpete;2551231]Thanks for both replies. I have now tried out both DVDDecrypter and PgcEdit and they both show me what I want to know.[/QUOTE]

PgcEdit will also let you edit the DVD command structure, menus, PUOs, chapters, audio streams, sub-streams and a whole host of other things if you require.

Check out the manual that comes with the latest version for further info. and feel free to ask if you’ve any further queries.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not easy to handle, but Ifoedit will also do…