DVD content on Blu-Ray?

I’m considering buying LG GGW-H20LI, i was just wondering is it possible to burn DVD content on Blu-ray? Keep it in DVD bitrate, Resolution?

I have few TV Shows that are 5-7 DVDs, I was thinking about making one back up on blu-ray.

I was thinking about doing this when the multi format drives are more easily avaialbe (come on SVP, I am waiting for the LG to come into stock).

The only 2 ways I know that would work are…

Copy the VIDEO_TS file onto the disc and rename it for each DVD. This will need a player capable of playing the folder (Power DVD etc)

Copy an ISO image of each DVD onto the disc. You can then use Daemon-tools to playback each disc in any DVD compliant PC player.

If you want to play them back on a BR set-top then I dont know how you would make a new menu system to point to the dvd menus.

so currently there is no way to make a BD menu?

Since BD players can read DVDs, i wonder would it work to just ignore DVD restrictions and make a huge 25gb iso in DVD format in TMPEGenc DVD and just burn it on BD.

“Copy the VIDEO_TS file onto the disc and rename it for each DVD. This will need a player capable of playing the folder ( Power DVD etc)”

This is what I do for backing up some of my most precious DVDs (mainly sports, especially vintage stuff). If my “play” discs error, get scratched, or even snap in half thanks to human error, I can just copy the VIDEO_TS folder back onto a hard drive and burn it again.

Nero Vision allows to change resolution to 720x480 (DVD). it can be done, but needs to be re-encoded.

I haven’t done it before but I think it can be done with use of Blu-ray authoring software.

Remember that on Blu-ray movies they often have special features or delete scenes that are DVD quality.

So I guess with the authoring software you will just have to create menus to point to the dvd scenes.

like i said zevia, it can be done with vision, just have to change resolution settings in options, but entire disc has to be one resolution.

vision has no settting for different resolution per clip.

but video has to be re-encoded.