DVD-Cloner v1.81 avaiable! - Another 1:1 DVD copy tool

I just posted the article DVD-Cloner v1.81 avaiable! - Another 1:1 DVD copy tool.

ROHLING used our newssubmit to tell us about another tool that promises to make 1:1 backups of DVDs. Earlier already DVDxCopy promised to do this, but the software has not been officially released…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4820-DVD-Cloner-v1_81-avaiable---Another-11-DVD-copy-tool.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4820-DVD-Cloner-v1_81-avaiable---Another-11-DVD-copy-tool.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

according to the december issue of CPU, DVDXCOPY can only make a true 1:1 copy of a dvd if the movie is on a single-layer, 4.7gb disc. if it is bigger, then you have the option to remove some of the extra materials. the program relies on DeCSS to work properly.

So, I was wondering, is it $60 before or after gullible tax? Given how stupid you’d have to be to buy it, it seems really good value. I might even stop using smartripper and spend some cash on some software that does the same thing.

All right go DVD Cloner!!! Which software is better DVD Cloner or DVD X Copy?

go to doom9.org. They have all the freeware tools & guides you’ll ever need to back up dvds. IFOEdit comes to mind as one tool.

I don’t see why you need a clone tool. Can’t you just decrypt the VOB files, then burn them to a blank DVD, thus eliminating the disk key and copy protection. Does anyone care to correct me about this, as I don’t actually have a DVD writer yet.

This is discussing an act of piracy, according too CDRSoft.cc If you are going too buy the software great! I bought LOTR Two Towers the ORIGINAL for my PS2 £39.50. So I can’t be called a pirate! Have a good day

interceptor get a clue. Not everyone is going to use this software for piracy. Some of us want to make a backup copy to play so we don’t scratch/ruin the original that we purchased. BTW both DVDXCOPY and DVDCloner handle DVD9 discs by allowing you to copy just the movie sans extras onto 1 disc (If it will fit) or make a 2 disc backup. Freeware tools like IFOedit are available but although you have more control are a little fiddly to learn. Also DVDCloner only does DVD-R not + Not sure you can just burn the VOB’s back after using Smartripper. Will not work AFAIK. You have to re-author them beforehand to create a valid DVD image.