DVD-cloner III versus 1 Click DVD Copy Pro

Question 1: Does anyone have experience with DVD-cloner III? I downloaded a trial version last night to check out the program because I liked the fact it includes a decrypter, plus the price was right if I decided to buy it. The trial version removed the copy protection on “March of the Penguins” and copied the movie to my hard drive just fine. But the problem began when I tried to burn the movie to a Maxell DVD-RW disc. (DVD-cloner recommends using a RW disc because the trial program only partially copies a movie, which I assume is designed to encourage buying the entire program. I have used Maxell discs without a problem.)

Anywho, DVD-cloner never seemed to finish partially burning the movie. It never showed what percentage of the movie had been copied, for example. Also, at the beginning of the burning process, it kept prompting me to insert a blank disc even though I already had. I had to hit “Ignore” to start the burning process.

I searched this forum for DVD-cloner, but no hits

Question 2: Is 1ClickDVDCopyPro really that good? I downloaded a trial version a few weeks ago, but I never could figure out how to use a separate decrypter with it. So, I uninstalled the trial version. The price of $99 is a tad steep, too, considering I would still have to use a separate decrypter.

Question 3. I have been using DVDDecrypter to remove copy protection, but I’m still having trouble burning the movie to a blank disc using DVDShrink3.2. I have read and re-read the instructions, help tips, etc., but I’m missing something somewhere. What exactly do I do after I have re-authored a movie with DVDShrink3.2? I know this sounds dumb, but my success in copying movies is strictly a trial-and-error process. Once I’ve re-authored a movie, I just start playing around until the process begins.

I have used DVDDecrypter to burn a movie onto a dual-layer disc, which worked flawlessly. Too bad the discs still cost at least around $3.50 apiece, and that’s in a threepack.

My DVD reader/writer is an NEC ND-6650A. I’ve used a variety of blank DVDs, including Maxell, Memorex and Verbatim. Despite popular opinion favoring Verbatim, I can’t say one brand is better.

Thanks for the help. :confused:

I’m newbie in this but I have DVDFAB platinum and it costs similar to dvdcloner3. For me DVDFAB platinum which is compose of DVDFAB express and DVDFAB gold works pretty well. Maybe someone who knows more could help you here. Here you can find la crema de la crema. If nobody besides me answer your thread try DVDFAB platinum

DVD-cloner sounds like more ripoffware that just works as a frontend for already free software like DVD Shrink. You might just want to use that and not pay for anything.

Question 3. I have been using DVDDecrypter to remove copy protection, but I’m still having trouble burning the movie to a blank disc using DVDShrink3.2. I have read and re-read the instructions, help tips, etc., but I’m missing something somewhere. What exactly do I do after I have re-authored a movie with DVDShrink3.2? I know this sounds dumb, but my success in copying movies is strictly a trial-and-error process. Once I’ve re-authored a movie, I just start playing around until the process begins.

the short…

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56831

the long…

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56078

hope this helps

1. DVD Cloner is garbage.

2. 1Click… also not all that, although it certainly has its fans around here.

3. If you’re going to spend some money, AnyDVD is the smart investment. And while you’re buying that, pick up CloneDVD for cheap as a bundle! Then you’re all set! :wink:

Uh, you’re kidding, right? I’ll need a degree in computer programming to understand that “short guide.” Besides, I’m not having problems with “Sony DADC’s ARccOSâ„¢ protected DVDs.” I just need to know in clear, concise language how to use DVDShrink3.2 to copy a DVD after it’s been decrypted by DVDDecrypter and I have re-authored it. It can’t be that complicated, can it?

A bunch of guides for DVD Shrink - DVD Shrink guides

And no, it’s NOT that complicated. DVD Shrink is very easy to use, has more flexibility for adjustments of individual portions of a disc like higher compression on extras vs. the movie, ability for higher quality if you choose to use ‘deep analysis’ and ‘adaptive error compensation (aec)’. It’s a great program and it’s free.

basic GUIDE:

‘open files’ after you’ve ripped them with DVD Decrypter (or rip them with DVD Shrink itself onto the HD). Use something like DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD, or DVD43 to rip the latest discs with advanced encryption, otherwise DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink will rip the files fine.

If you want the movie only and no menus or extras, select ‘reauthor’ and drag and drop the main movie into the left blank white area. Otherwise stay in ‘full disc’ mode and make your individual compression adjustments that you want to the movie, menus, and extras. remove audio tracks and subtitles that you don’t want by unchecking the box next to each. If you don’t care about certain extras, you can use ‘still frames’ or a still image instead of the actual video to save space and give more space to other portions of the disc.

Click the ‘backup’ button when you have made the adjustments you want and output as an ISO image, then you can burn the ISO image with DVD Decrypter. In DVD Decrypter, ‘ISO write’ and select the ISO. Done.