DVD Cloner 4?

Downloaded a trial of DVD Cloner 4 (rated no. one) yet to have a backup up work always says (write failure) any answers? Same disc backup fine with DVDFAB.

I don’t want it for myself, but a friend may want the full version, I am happy with what I have.

If you are asking my opinion why it doesn’t work, the answer is that the program just is not good. Those ratings can be thrown out the window, if you pay more you are Number 1. No advertising you are last.:wink: CloneDVD2 by Elby/Slysoft is the real deal, this is just a copy cat. :wink:

Thanks, I just wonder if it works for anyone? or is it just my system?
I was using the best Verbatim, TY and DL disc around.

I might be wrong but I think this is the program that just put a new GUI on Shrink. LOL.:iagree:

Yeah it’s something i don’t want on any of my pc’s…

I haven’t heard much about DVD Cloner since its initial release, but alan’s right. DVD Cloner was originally (and maybe still is) a scam, using DVD Shrink with its own gui. If I were you, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Completely agree. Recommend something better to your buddy :wink:

Dvd cloner IV works fine for me and I am running it on the Vista 64 OS no problems here with any titles so far and no errors however I do not reccomend this program to anyone because of the stupid policy you pay x amount of dollars then 6 months later if you want upgrades they charge you half the price of the program for another six months…MHO Clonedvd2 Dvdfab Dvdnextcopy 1clickdvdcopy all fine choices.JMO. :smiley:

I still find it hard how people fall for scams like this. There are perfectly fine decrypters around. Free ones in fact.

there are alot of free programs that work as well as retail no doubt about that I use freeware as well but I like testing new retail programs a rather expensive hobbie !! :bigsmile:

In a lot of instances the freeware works as good as if not better than the retail.

DVDDecrypter was the best ripper around until it was taken down, then Ripit4Me and now DVDFab HD Decypter has now taken on that role.

Having said that I use a number of retail packages that I would regard as indispensable but you’re always better checking out what’s available for free (and what the experts recommend) before taking the plunge.

[B]Wombler[/B]

You are just using Shrink with a different GUI. Its a rip off. :iagree:

well it may use the shrink engine but it sure has a lot of componet parts that I have not seen before and I have used this program for over two years and they do update it and it does have its own builtin ripper maybe you should have a look and make sure we are both talking about the same program as there are so many and it gets confusing :confused: BTY as stated I consider this program a total rip off for the money. :iagree: :iagree:

dvd-cloner.com

[quote=CCRomeo;1849293]Downloaded a trial of DVD Cloner 4 (rated no. one) yet to have a backup up work always says (write failure) any answers? Same disc backup fine with DVDFAB.

I don’t want it for myself, but a friend may want the full version, I am happy with what I have.[/quote]

I must admit to only being lucky to have spotted the notice , as it is not so prominent BUT

when you click the ‘trial’ button "Trial version provdes only a partial copy of DVD. Please test with DVD RW disc! "

which I did - you get top play with the GUI, see how long it would take ( I guess ) , a different approach to trialware …