DVD CD RW Drive for HP Pav Laptop

[qanda]This thread is about the HP 16X DVD+RW Plus with Light Scribe. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought this laptop from the pawn shop and it was a really good deal. For $350 it’s a HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook PC. Reeeeeeally cool. I love it ! This is my first time adjusting to Windjows Vista. I get a lot of frowns :doh: when I tell people about it but It’s cool and different. The only complicated thing is your used to windows and on the back of your hand know your way around in windows. Well, Vist a is waaay diferent.

NE way. My issue is this. The drive for the CDRWDVD RECORD WITH LIGHTSCRIBE. IS NOT RECOGNIZED OR IS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY.

This is the message that I get when going into properties.

When I put a CD in it blinks orange for a min then…nothing! I want to be able to burn CD’s & may DVD’s:doh::a

I’ve been told that I can fix this problem by downloading the correct drive free online. Is this possible? Please help I’ve dreamed of this laptop for years and now I love it :iagree: but not as much as I should.

Please help

For lightscripe you will need the software for it to work and you can go to the HP website for any updated driver and software for your burner and download them also you can download VSO Inspector (free) and it will tell you what F/W is installed also there in an button to click that searches for updated F/W for you