DVD/CD ROM Trouble

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD RECORDER DVD±R RW. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have been trouble shooting this issue for the past few days and have made minimum progress but I have a Lite on shw-160p6s, at first the dvdROM was not working then I got windows to recognive it I update and reinstalled the driver and the firmware from the manufactures website and looked in the device manager to see if there were high or low filters that were interupting the usage, unfortunately theres still aproblem the DVD/CD ROM still does not recognize any cd, the cable is good that connects to the mother board and all switches are set correctly to master please help

THANX

Welcome to the forum. Did you delete these filters?

Actually the filters themselves shouldn’t be deleted, but deleting the values for the filters is what should be done according to some Google search results I found.

Yes, that is why I asked this question. Your correct, hopefully he didn’t delete them and if he removes any values he should remove any burning software first before doing so then reinstalling the software again afterwards.