DVD/CD Rom not reading!

This is very annoying and troubling because whenever i put a dvd in my computer nothing pops up and it is not listed in my computer. When i go into device manager there is a yellow ! next to the drive dvdram gt31l. in properties it says there is a registry error. Does anyone know the exact writing of this driver because i cannot find it online. I already tried the windows fix thing.

[QUOTE=mrcoolfonz;2695664]This is very annoying and troubling because whenever i put a dvd in my computer nothing pops up and it is not listed in my computer. When i go into device manager there is a yellow ! next to the drive dvdram gt31l. in properties it says there is a registry error. Does anyone know the exact writing of this driver because i cannot find it online. I already tried the windows fix thing.[/QUOTE]

There was somewhere where someone said to go to the registery and remove the upper and lower filter and restart and see if it detects your drive again. If that process is done and still the drive doesn’t show up in DM then the most likely case is the drive is dead. And you need to take it out and place in another computer and test to see whether the drive is dead or the cable or power is loose causing it not to show up. This could be another factor to check into as well.

Try some links in my sig. :wink: