DVD CD Movies Reader Writer Converter?

vbimport

Hi guys (and girls of course),

I am new here and before i start reading the whole forum i was wondering if you guys know about a program that can help me out with most of the following.

I was looking on the net for free programs but most are crap or are just demos and it is really annoying if you want to do something nice with it.

So i am looking for free programs mostly, but in case there isn’t a real good one then feel free to give me the name of a paying program.
If the program is really good and not too expensif I might still buy it.

I know there are a lot of free programs out there that can do some of the things i want but it is hard to find real good ones. Most of the time they just show what is possible but you can’t use it in a free version or it is a trial restricted in time :a

So I hope you guys can help me out.
I will search around on the forum too but who knows there is a program that do most of this and you can give me the name :wink:

Regards,
MysticFist

Hmmm i might find what i need in the post : Free Downloads…Your welcome :slight_smile:

That list is pretty long, and there is not a single software to do all that.

ImgBurn (free) is good for CD/DVD/BR burn.

AnyDVD (not free) or DVDFab Decrypter (free) can be used to rip discs.

For [B]audio[/B] CD ripping is better Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

To convert movies, there are plenty of excellent free software, like AviDemux, VirtualDub, AutoGK, Handbrake just to mention the most diffused.

AviDemux and VirtualDub can be used also to split/join movies.

To play movies VLC and Media Player classic are the best free software. These are able to show subtitles in various formats (like .srt files).

I don’t know how to merge subtitles with the movie, but probably virtualdub can do this.

To make menus, there is DVD Styler, a free software but very complicated to use.

I don’t know but I tried VLC in the past and it was not that good.
It was giving me problems so i uninstalled it.

As geno888 pointed out there is no single program that can do all of what you want to do, however DVDFab (paid version has the ability to copy/rip, split, customize, merge, compress and convert.

The free version-> DVDFab “HD Decrypter” only has the ability to copy, however if you have Nero-burning Rom or ImgBurn installed it will burn to a disc (Without compression)

:smiley:

Thanks but i first try the free programs and if they don’t work as i expect then I try the paid programs :slight_smile:

Btw i have an extra question.
I have been ripping my Cd’s to my HD but as i used several programs to do it my tgas are messed up.
Is there a program that let us change the tags of music files easily?

It is pretty weird as i changed tags with Realplayer but it did not change the tags in the file.
On the other hand each time i restart Realplayer the values i entered are shown.
I don’t get it.

So is there a program that let me change these tags in the files but in a overview way.
For now i have to do it 1 by 1 which is slow as i am ripping all my music Cd’s. :frowning:

Next question will be what is the best way to store them as i am just storing them on an extern HD but i guess there are better ways.

I use this one for .mp3’s:
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

[QUOTE=MysticFist;2595672]Next question will be what is the best way to store them as i am just storing them on an extern HD but i guess there are better ways.[/QUOTE]

External HDD are good :slight_smile:

Maybe you can consider to purchase a NAS if the amount of data to store is very large.

I might do that ya because i am busy ripping all the cd’s i bought for the last euh … let’s say 20 years :stuck_out_tongue:

Before that their weren’t cd’s yet :wink:

[QUOTE=cholla;2595679]I use this one for .mp3’s:
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/[/QUOTE]

It seems to do exactly what i wanted.
Thanks. :bow:

[QUOTE=MysticFist;2595672]Thanks but i first try the free programs and if they don’t work as i expect then I try the paid programs :slight_smile:

Btw i have an extra question.
I have been ripping my Cd’s to my HD but as i used several programs to do it my tgas are messed up.
Is there a program that let us change the tags of music files easily?

So is there a program that let me change these tags in the files but in a overview way.
For now i have to do it 1 by 1 which is slow as i am ripping all my music Cd’s. :frowning:

Next question will be what is the best way to store them as i am just storing them on an extern HD but i guess there are better ways.[/QUOTE]

Knock yourself out trying Free Programs, because that is why they are Free. If you are serious about DVD and Blu-ray, you can’t go wrong with DVDFab paid version this Program has everything you want.

As for Storage, I believe in Internal HDD’s. With the big TB HDD’s you can’t go wrong I find it real easy to store all my Music and Movies on them. If you need more storage than that, go to Servers or NAT connected by Ethernet. :cool:

[QUOTE=alchav21;2596277]Knock yourself out trying Free Programs, because that is why they are Free. If you are serious about DVD and Blu-ray, you can’t go wrong with DVDFab paid version this Program has everything you want.:[/QUOTE]

Ya I noticed that but hey you never know you find the Holy grail out there :wink:
Beside their are a few programs that are usefull and free so that is always some money saved.

In the future i would like to be able to connect to my pc and storage room from distance so I guess a server is the right solution.
Thanks for the advice guys.

I found the program [B]DeGo MP4 Video Converter[/B] which is good for converting and burning videos too.

[QUOTE=cholla;2595679]I use this one for .mp3’s:
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/[/QUOTE]

I am using it now for several days and this program is super.
The more I use it, the more I like it.