DVD/CD Labeler software to use

just purchased a new HP computer with lightscribe on it so i can burn labels onto the cd/dvd, what programs do you recommend? it came with basic version of sure thing, anything better out there?

If your problem is just the label’s burning the package that came with your drive is supposed to do the job, no matter how basic it can be.
Otherwise, check Nero or Roxio to see if you find them better.
To compose the images you may look for a photo editing and/or graphics program like the ones from Ulead, Adobe or Corel.

… or the powerful GIMP, which is btw Free Software :slight_smile: :iagree:

Hi there, Did your HP come with SureThing CD labeller SE - Sonic? Many new HPs are bundled with Sonic and they have a limited version of SureThing with LightScribe support.
I had the same thing, and downloaded SureThing CD Labeller 4 SE, which is free and although named very similarly, has a lot more LightScribe possibilities. It allows you to import your own backgrounds, place text wherever you want etc. (as well as having a bunch of those annyingly rigid pre-set layouts :slight_smile: )

I’ve found that adjusting images in a graphics program (your HP printer software imaging software for instance) and making them B&W, then increasing the contrast a lot will give good results when imported into SureThing.

Check out the labelling and printing forum threads for other ideas too :flower: