Dvd burns half way and fails

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVD8801. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hey i recently had to install a new os. but before i did my dvds wouldnt burn on dvd shrink and now dvd fab platinum fails when burning to. and i have burnt alot with out any problems…please help

That’s not a whole lot to work with. Check dma status of the drive: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/
Important part to look for is Current Transfer Mode. It should be Ultra DMA 2 or 4.

it shows the current transfer mode is DMA but anyways i guess it works now. i looked around. and tryed to slow the burn down and that seems to be workin for now i guess. you have any idea why it would work at a slower burn

That’s pretty standard behavior for mediocre media…failing at high speeds but doing better a 8x or so. What type of disks are you using?

Check the mid code (manufacturer id code) with Nero CD/DVD Speed using the Disk Info tab or with DVD Identifier. Both are free to use.