Looking for help guys. I purchased a LiteOn 812s last month but haven't made a decent burn yet. I use Nero Ultra 6.6 on Windows XP. So far I have made about 20 coasters.
I've been trying to backup my data from my hard disk to DVDs. On my compilation, I tagged a total 4.7 gigs of files to fill up the DVD. Nero does not spurt any errors on the whole burning process. However, I get errors when verifying the freshly burned DVD. During the verification process it freezes at about 80+%, and I have to press Cancel to stop verifying, and then Nero tells me there's some files that are unreadable.
I've tried exploring the DVD after burning and I get CRC errors.
Here's what I've done so far to try to fix the error, but I still get the same problem:
- Ensured the drive is set to DMA.
- Set the drive as the master on the Secondary IDE Channel.
- Defragged my HD.
- Shut down all uneccessary apps and services.
- Upgraded to a 450w power supply.
- Tried different media, both DVD+R and DVD-R, from generic to TDK to Verbatim.
- Tried to burn a different compilation.
- Reinstalled Nero several times.
- Detached the writer from my PC and tried it on a friend's PC.
All the thing's I've tried above had no effect. I'm still churning out coasters. Is DVD writing really that hard? What am I missing?
So far I have two more things I want to try:
- Try another DVD writing software. Any recommendations?
- Try burning less than the full 4.7g. But if it worked I'd always be wondering why I couldn't burn the whole 4.7gs?
Any ideas guys?
If this goes on I'm thinking about replacing the burner.