Dvd burning

vbimport

Hi i am using a dvd burner on a laptop to burn movies, nero tells me that it is a dvd+r/rw and dvd-r/rw, i can burn fine onto a dvd-r/rw. the movies are fine. i can burn onto dvd+r but when i play the movie on power dvd i get the message dvd playback graph building failed. anybody know why.
the drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA - 4040N.
nero says i can burn both on the burner but to me the name sugests only DVD-R/RW ???
any ideas anybody.
Thanks Lee

Are you sure you checked the “Supported write Features” in Nero’s Infotool? And not the “Supported read Features”?

i checked the choose recorder option in nero, i cant find anyother info on the burner, i can however burn data images music and other files to a DVD+r/RW. where else can i find on the computer info on the drive.
Thanks Lee

I’ve got the tool in …\Ahead\Nero Toolkit\InfoTool.exe installed.

Yeah cheers i checked the infotool and it tells me that i can read and write to DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW.
i can burn other files to DVD+R/RW but i dosent seem to like movies.
Any idea’s
thanks Lee.

Hi i posted a query on this site asking :
Hi i am using a dvd burner on a laptop to burn movies, nero tells me that it is a dvd+r/rw and dvd-r/rw, i can burn fine onto a dvd-r/rw. the movies are fine. i can burn onto dvd+r but when i play the movie on power dvd i get the message dvd playback graph building failed. anybody know why.
the drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA - 4040N.
nero says i can burn both on the burner.
i have checked in neros info tool it tells me i can use both,
but i cant watch films burnt on a DVD+R/RW, but i can burn to them, data and music fine.!
any ideas anybody.
Thanks Lee

Instead of starting a new thread on this, you can better reply in your previous thread and bump it back to the top of the forum.

Merged it for you now.

does anybody know .