Dvd burning

I have a new Dell computer. I made a slideshow with music but my computer won’t burn to disc. I sent the slideshow to Dropbox and it still won’t burn. Anyone know what’s wrong?

We’ll need more information.

1. What file-format is the “slideshow with music” now in? What program plays it when you double-click on that file?

2. What format of DVD are you trying to burn? Basically, there’s a Data DVD format (probably which you should be using) and Video-DVD for movies that would have the necessary .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files.

The few I’ve done are DVD complaint format.
If you don’t mind burning starit to disc Windows DVD Maker does a slideshow quick & easy.
If you want to go to a bit more work you can use Windows Movie maker.
It has a few more options.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2687921]We’ll need more information.

1. What file-format is the “slideshow with music” now in? What program plays it when you double-click on that file?

2. What format of DVD are you trying to burn? Basically, there’s a Data DVD format (probably which you should be using) and Video-DVD for movies that would have the necessary .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files.[/QUOTE]
    I’m using Windows 8 Movie Maker and I don’t know anything about formatting

I did use Windows 8 Movie Maker but for some reason it won’t burn to a dvd disc.

You proceeded as described here ?
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-live/movie-maker-burn-dvd

Have you already successfully burned that type of blank DVDs before ?

[QUOTE=Terramex;2687978]You proceeded as described here ?
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-live/movie-maker-burn-dvd

Have you already successfully burned that type of blank DVDs before ?[/QUOTE]
Not with this new computer. I made a slideshow with music with my old computer which was not Windows 8

The simple answer took a little Googling.
Windows Movie Maker that comes with Windows 8 no longer includes Windows DVD Maker.
I don’t know if you could copy DVDMaker.exe for a Vista or Windows 7 OS & use it or not.
Or maybe copy the complete MovieMaker for a Windows 7 Program Files & paste it in your Windows 8 Program files.
Sometimes that works & sometimes it doesn’t . I don;t have Windows 8 to test that with.
If you go that route be sure to save the Windows 8 Movie Maker folder from Program Files somewhere else on your OS . Just in case it doesn’t work.
Or rename the Windows 7 one something like MovieMakerW7 & paste that in your Program Files. Then just create a shortcut to MOVIEMK.exe in that folder.
The worst that will happen is it won’t work & you can just delete it.