Dvd burning

I need some help. I dowloaded nero 7 to burn movies. When i go through the process of adding chapters and setting everything up and click burn… it does its thing. i go back later and it tells me to insert a blank disc. any tips or help at all is appreciated

Welcome to CD Freaks… :slight_smile:

A blank disc is normally what you burn things on to.

thanks for that… i insert one before i start anything

[QUOTE=rogers3601;2222889]I need some help. I dowloaded nero 7 to burn movies. When i go through the process of adding chapters and setting everything up and click burn… [B]it does its thing[/B]. i go back later and it tells me to insert a blank disc. any tips or help at all is appreciated[/QUOTE]

What kind of thing does it do?
It may be a good idea to stick around and see what is going on.
It is quite possible that it does nothing and ask to insert disc right at the beginning. In that case your drive does not like the disc you are inserting.
What brand are you using?

maxell dvd-r. it will show the movie in a lil window while its doing its thing.but when i finally walk over to the comp. it tells me to insert a blank disc

Little window is just when Nero is analyzing(compiling), than it go to burn.
Can you see the burner drive in the window?
If so, it does not see the disc you put in.
I do not know how old is your burner and also what is rated speed for the disc.
If it something like 16x and your drive is older type, it may not handle that disc at all.

the disc has 1-16x speed printed on it. i think this computer is five yrs old or more.

[QUOTE=rogers3601;2223066]the disc has 1-16x speed printed on it. i think this computer is five yrs old or more.[/QUOTE]
Old burners and new discs rarely work.

You may try to get a firmware update for your drive, if you find it, it may help. This is available at manufacturer web site for a model of your drive.
Otherwise check what your drive is good for and get Verbatim disc to try.
Do not get highest rated one 8x or less should be OK.
Nero has a program “Get System Info”, it should see your drive and give you info you need.

First, do you have a DVD burner?

pretty sure. on ‘‘My Computer’’ it says DVD/CD-Rom. i downloaded driver detective and it says i have the dvd+rw software. so i think im just using the wrong disks, since hp supports dvd+rw…right

i was trying to use dvd-r

[QUOTE=rogers3601;2223194]pretty sure. on ‘‘My Computer’’ it says DVD/CD-Rom. i downloaded driver detective and it says i have the dvd+rw software. so i think im just using the wrong disks, since hp supports dvd+rw…right[/QUOTE]

What’s the brand and model of your burner?

LITE-ON DVD+RW SOHW-822S. its in a HP

Read this thread it will help: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/firmware-sohw-822s-119622/