DVD burning software

vbimport

I’m used to using nero9 but I recently installed windows 7 and my nero 9 wont install any more. So I was wondering is there an alternative to converting avi files and adding custom menus to dvd?

There is lots of software for this. Some free some not, check this site.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-dvd

But I would contact Nero and tell them your problems.

[QUOTE=fielong17;2460596]I’m used to using nero9 but I recently installed windows 7 and my nero 9 wont install any more. So I was wondering is there an alternative to converting avi files and adding custom menus to dvd?[/QUOTE]

Latest version of Nero 9 works fine with Win7.

When you say it wont install anymore, are you getting an error message?

Have you used the Nero Clean tool and then try to reinstall version 9?

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2460604]Latest version of Nero 9 works fine with Win7.

When you say it wont install anymore, are you getting an error message?

Have you used the Nero Clean tool and then try to reinstall version 9?[/QUOTE]

I havnt tried that, I will after I use this new program I got from CDuncle though, Im using DVD Flick it looks pretty good so far. Im going to see how this project turns out.

If all goes well I think Iv found a new dvd burning software :slight_smile:

Um whle converting video files shouldnt they usually be encodeing 60fps? because what im getting is 24fps o.0??

I would still,try to fix Nero, but if you are looking for new burning software, than ImgBurn (free, donation if you can and very good).

go to nero’s site, download the newest update, mines is 9.4.26.0 and it installed with no problems

The thing is that I cant install nero at all, I get an installation failed message at the end.

So how will updating help me?

use imgburn…the best :slight_smile:

cant argue with you there, img burn is great for burning iso’s but I have mostly avi. files that I wont to convert to dvd and burn.

I prefer using nero because of all the customisable options your’re given.

convertXtoDvd is simpler(for avi conversion)…has a built in Burn option also :slight_smile: …VSO burn Engine

Have you tried uninstalling Nero, then running the Nero Clean tool, then install again?

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html

Looks like Kipper already advised this, but you haven’t responded on this option.

And considering the free avi to dvd conversion programs, I much prefer AVStoDVD. It burns with ImgBurn.