DVD Burning Problems

vbimport

:bigsmile: Hello out there,

I am having problems with some of my home burnt DVD’s. What I am getting at times is a jumping of images (not really bad, but noticeable) or a start & stop (really bad) of the image & sound. Also when viewing the DVD on the P.C. (in windows media player) or on a stand alone DVD player I don’t have full control of fast forword, the picture always seems to jump back to the same point on the DVD. My files (mpeg2) come rendered out of Vegas 4 software. I think my mpeg2 files are o.k. because they play fine on the P.C. with none of the above mentioned problems. I am using “Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6” to burn my DVD’s. The DVD’s I am using are some no-namers (possibly the problem) and I have tried burning at 4x as well as 2x. I am planning on distributing some high school football hilite DVD’s to the kids at the end of the season and don’t want to pass out some junky :Z DVD’s. Any help would be much appreciated. :confused:

Thanks
Dave

update firmware of dvd burner to latest release. then try different media [ a quality brand]

What type of media are you using? - try another brand and eliminate the possiblity of it being poor media.

O.K. I tried new DVD media (Memorex) & had the same problem of stuttering at the same exact point as I did on the other cheap no-name media. Does this mean that I can rule out media problems? I am a little hesitant to do the “Firmware” update due to the warnings from the “Firmware” information that if you do it wrong you could render your burner useless and need to send it to the manufacturer to get it fixed. Could it be a thing with the “Roxio” software?