Dvd burning problem

somebody please help i wasted 6 dvd last night
moment i start burning dvd/r after 5 or 10 % nero 8 show error and dvd gone.

is there a way to reuse these dvd-r ?

now tell me about a good burning sw which can atleast tell whether every thing will go fine before burning ? i mean it can check whether hd writer ide cable etc is ok.
i use simulation in nero it showed ok and when it came to burning dvd was wasted. ?

i deleted the error log file otherwise i would have pasted it here and now i dont have guts to loose one more dvd.

pls suggest some thing good. one thing more if hd and writer are on same ide cable is it really a big prob while burning

:sad:
:a
:confused:

Hi,[QUOTE=ashokkantsharma;2285735] i wasted 6 dvd last night
moment i start burning dvd/r after 5 or 10 % nero 8 show error and dvd gone.

is there a way to reuse these dvd-r ? [/quote]You can place your coffee mug on it, give the kids to play with, or use them as landfill.
We call such discs “coasters”.

now tell me about a good burning sw which can atleast tell whether every thing will go fine before burning ?
No software can predict the results of your blank media/DVD burner combination. No software can tell if the drive is properly supported by the controller it is connected to.
If you like, you can try Imgburn.

Please give us some information about

[ul]
[li]the drive you are using (complete model information including firmware version) - Nero Info tool will help you there
[/li][li]the blank media you are using (MID and brand) - Nero CD/DVD Speed or Disc Speed (whatever is installed on your computer) “Disc Info” tab is helpful here.
[/li][/ul]

Michael

pls suggest some thing good. one thing more if hd and writer are on same ide cable is it really a big prob while burning

Being on the same cable can cause problems but it has been done by many.
I use Imgburn for better results myself.

thanks for reply