Dvd burning problem

vbimport

Hi There! I’m new to this forum and found the advice very helpful. I have an issue with my dvd burning software. :slight_smile:

I purchased 2 different dvd burning programs, DVD Cloner 5 & 1ClickDVD Copy Pro. Both were on the top of each review I looked at. I bought 1ClickDVD first but was having problems almost immediately. The finished copy would freeze up or skip ahead. Then I purchased DVD Cloner and it seemed to work better until recently. I got the occasional freeze-up as well but not as bad as 1ClickDVD.

Using DVD Cloner, the last 3 or 4 dvd’s I’m attemted to burn have been giving me problems. It seems to go through the first step of the process (reading the disc) but does not burn onto the blank dvd. Although I hear the drive working and time counting on the inteface, the % stays at 0 and ultimately gives me a “Burning Failed” error.

I always burn MOVIE ONLY and use the maximum speed. I’ve tried different variations but with no success. And I’ve wasted about 10 blank dvd’s now trying to figure this out.

I read some people recommending CloneDVD which I am willing to purchase, but is it simple as a software issue?

Please help. :frowning:

Could have saved time, trouble and money by buying DVDFab Platinum or DVDFab Gold :cool:

Course you could have saved all your money by just using DVDFab HD Decrypter, compress with DVD Shrink and burning with ImgBurn :smiley: which all three are FREE :bigsmile:

Yep, that was the other one that I heard about. Thanks!!!

Yeah I agree with the storm, regarding Fab plat/Gold, and of course the great freeware method he recommends,you might give that a go …
Having said that, lower your burn speed,IMO not a good idea to burn at max speed…What media are you using? perhaps that could be an issue as well…

I’m not sure what you mean by media. Brand of blank dvds? If so, Sony.

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2121931]I’m not sure what you mean by media. Brand of blank dvds? If so, Sony.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Sony :Z
better burn at 4x then

OK. I see what you use but where do i get them? What else would you recommend that I can possibly get from my local electronic store?

Thanks again!

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2121944]OK. I see what you use but where do i get them? What else would you recommend that I can possibly get from my local electronic store?

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Verbatim you can look on the label to see if they are made in India or [B]Japan[/B] << are the ones you want :wink:

Got it, thanks. I use DVD-R dvds so I assume I should stick with that. 8X should run me about $0.40 per dvd, right? But it should make a difference? Would slowing down my burn speed make a difference using any software/media? The time is not so important for me.

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2121950]Got it, thanks. I use DVD-R dvds so I assume I should stick with that. 8X should run me about $0.40 per dvd, right? But it should make a difference? [B]Would slowing down my burn speed make a difference[/B] using any software/media? The time is not so important for me.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about when using the sony brand, all I can say is try it and you be the judge :wink:
but if you are talking about Verbatim then you can burn at the rated speed :cool:

Well,I ran out of the Sony dvds so I’ll just get the Verbatims. But should I switch to DVD+R or stick with DVD-R? Does that make a difference? Playing 100% on DVD players only.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2121983]Well,I ran out of the Sony dvds so I’ll just get the Verbatims. But should I switch to DVD+R or stick with DVD-R? Does that make a difference? Playing 100% on DVD players only.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The DVD+R are a better choice but there is nothing wrong with the -R, the +R type will last longer
if the your standalone dvd player does not support/play the +R type you can booktype them to dvd-rom

Well, I downloaded DVDFab and bought the Verbatim dvd’s. Tried to burn a dvd and it failed.

First it gave me an error: “Error reading disc”. I ignored.
It copied successfully but with 1152 “unreadable sectors” which were skipped. About 25 minutes in and at 90.80% of writing, it gave me the failure error.

Could it be my hardware? I can burn a dvd when my source is home videos and I use the same drive for cd burning,m which also works well.

Very confused and frustrated - :confused:

[quote=mazbadie;2122121]Well, I downloaded DVDFab and bought the Verbatim dvd’s. Tried to burn a dvd and it failed.

First it gave me an error: “Error reading disc”. I ignored.
It copied successfully but with 1152 “unreadable sectors” which were skipped. About 25 minutes in and at 90.80% of writing, it gave me the failure error.

Could it be my hardware? I can burn a dvd when my source is home videos and I use the same drive for cd burning,m which also works well.

Very confused and frustrated - :confused:[/quote]
change the pathplayer settings to always enabled. It in common settings which is the green dot with the check in it at top right of program. Also post a log which is located in documents dvdfab logs. EDIT: clean the disc as the error sometimes is due to dirty or scratched discs

thank you. tried that and tried to burn a different dvd thinking it may be the protection or something. same issue.

my dvd drive is very noisey and i’m wondering if it has something to do with my problem. i’ve tried 4 different movies now, 3 different softwares, and great blank dvds (verbatim - i have 3 coasters now). still having the problem.

it has been working ok up to this point so i don’t know what has changed. i can contact dell and have them send me another drive but i want to make sure this is the problem.

any further advice would be greatly appreciated. also, not sure on how to post a log for dvdfab.

thanks again.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2122138]thank you. tried that and tried to burn a different dvd thinking it may be the protection or something. same issue.

my dvd drive is very noisey and i’m wondering if it has something to do with my problem. i’ve tried 4 different movies now, 3 different softwares, and great blank dvds (verbatim - i have 3 coasters now). still having the problem.

it has been working ok up to this point so i don’t know what has changed. i can contact dell and have them send me another drive but i want to make sure this is the problem.

any further advice would be greatly appreciated. also, not sure on how to post a log for dvdfab.

thanks again.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yup have them send you a new drive, it would be the best thing to do :wink:

That’s what I’ll do tonight. But it’ll be the 3rd drive I’ve had replaced. I’ll post after I get it and try again.

Thanks for all your advice! :smiley:

[QUOTE=mazbadie;2122382]That’s what I’ll do tonight. But it’ll be the 3rd drive I’ve had replaced. I’ll post after I get it and try again.

Thanks for all your advice! :D[/QUOTE]

:eek: " [B]it’ll be the 3rd drive I’ve had replaced[/B]"
Think you better check all the connection while you are at it :smiley: