Dvd burning - not so fast

Hello everyone, I’m new here, I hope not objectionable for that now please help, sorry for my bad english
I have a problem with burning.
my pc:
MB: ASUS P5K - last BIOS
CPU: Intel dual core D940 3.2GHz
gpu: ASUS 7600GT
DDR2: Kingston 800MHz 1GB
HDD: Hitachi 320GB 16MB SATA
odd: Samsung SH-223F (old one was Pioneer DVR-212D) SATA

XP SP3 with patches December 2008. - fresh installation
I have ADSL 1Mb/si mostly lot of downloads,antivirus in the background ESET Smart Security
burning Nero 9.0.9.4

I had and i have this problem with the old and the new dvd burner ): mostly burning one big file at UDF format (4,36 GB . mkv)
at x16 i have burning times about 5:45 or even (mostly) longer when i do something in background like downloading, surfing or similar
However I see that even when cutting x8, buffer in Nero can fall through to the end and writing quality on dvd-r is zero

Because you can ask now, in the Device Manager for hdd and burner i have

what can be problem, hardware (hdd, motherboard, memory…) or software, nero or drivers?

That burn time is about average. Are you expecting it to be faster or is there something actually wrong?

well, burning time at x16 is mostly greater (6-7minutes) than 5:45 when i use some other activities on pc like downloading, surfing etc.
one time was about 7 minutes and burned disc has low quality according to scan from nero
some other burned dvd-r’s was not readable to end at all

What brand of blank disk are you using?

Typically, for a quality burn, you need to use a slower burn speed. As for other activities increasing burn time, that is also typical. Using other apps while burning, even surfing, require data access to your HDD while at the same time, your burning app is trying to buffer and read from the HDD. The affects of using other apps while burning vary depending on your hardware.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2223625]What brand of blank disk are you using?[/QUOTE]
Sony accucore dvd-r
or verbatim sometimes

[QUOTE=mladen82;2222851]
XP SP3 with patches December 2008. - fresh installation
I have ADSL 1Mb/si [B]mostly lot of downloads[/B],antivirus in the background ESET Smart Security
burning Nero 9.0.9.4

I had and i have this problem with the old and the new dvd burner ): [B]mostly burning one big file at UDF format (4,36 GB . mkv) [/B]
[/QUOTE]

It must be a curse because of that…

[QUOTE=chef;2224079]It must be a curse because of that…[/QUOTE]
may be :wink: but :disagree: