DVD burning error?

vbimport

I hope someone can help.

I am trying to burn a DVD however I get the following message Write Error and also dvdauthor.exe has stopped working and Mplex.exe has stopped working right after it has finished converting.

I have reinstaleld and updated the drivers, I can burn Music just fine but not videos? I have the same problem on ALL DVD burning software. I have tried a million other things too.

I also got this

I got this message, does this help at all?

Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives Publisher details
Issues found
Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
Not fixed
Insert readable media

Succeeded

Issues checked
Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized
Checked
Your CD/DVD device is not recognized
Checked
Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
Checked
Drive is not assigned a drive letter
Checked
Issues found Detection details
Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Not fixed
The drive is empty or the media format is not supported
Issues checked Detection details
Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized Checked
Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
Your CD/DVD device is not recognized Checked
Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Checked
The CD/DVD drive have been disabled in Device Manager
Drive is not assigned a drive letter Checked
The CD/DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
Detection details
Collection information
Computer Name: VIV-PC
Windows Version:
Architecture:
x86
Time:
6/21/2012 4:37:18 PM
Publisher details
Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives
This diagnostic identifies and resolves common problems that may prevent you from reading and writing CDs/DVDs
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Hi lastfirst, welcome to our forums! What brand DVD recordables are you using?

Thanks, I am using Verbatims and another Quality Brand. They worked fine untill a couple of weeks ago using the same Brands and the same videos and the same DVD burners.

I would for future using disk imaging program to freeze copy fully working configuration for later recall.

First, running error checking of drives with fixing any errors, then fully uninstalling all software components related to DVD work then running CCleaner both clean and registry fix may help to troubleshoot.

[QUOTE=lastfirst;2639243]Thanks, I am using Verbatims and another Quality Brand. They worked fine untill a couple of weeks ago using the same Brands and the same videos and the same DVD burners.[/QUOTE]

Do you have Alcohol, Daemon Tools or similar installed? If so don’t uninstall them, there may be an easy fix. :slight_smile:

BTW, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Have you burned hundreds of discs with this burner? If so, then you may have a dirty lens. They can be cleaned with some isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol in the US) and a q-tip.

I suspect the dvd part to be dead and TOASTED.

Well I had some brand new Verbataim disks that I have had for a couple of months and they didnt burn but they did when I first bought them? So I bought some new discs from a Shop and they burned just fine???

Something is fishy with your drive, test it in another computer first…